Holmegaard Lutken Krystal Vase Etched, Signed Fake?

Go down

Holmegaard Lutken Krystal Vase Etched, Signed Fake? Empty Holmegaard Lutken Krystal Vase Etched, Signed Fake?

Post by therese48 on April 18th 2011, 2:12 pm

Hello, I am new to this forum and I'm very happy to have found it. I have a Holmegaard Signed small vase that I'm not sure about. I don't see a date, but I believe the mark is Per Lutken? It measures 4 1/2" tall, 3 1/2" diameter at largest point. This glass, however I have read that Lutken used thicker glass because it rarely bubbled, but this one has some tiny bubbles in it. Also, the stick on tag says: Kastrup-Holmegaard Krystal. Is Krystal the same as Crystal? Where my confusion comes in is the signature looks right, but so many of the attributes are not what I'm finding online. Any help will be very much appreciated! The nude lady on the vase looks like she is letting go of birds? Here are the photos:

therese48
therese48

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-04-18

Back to top Go down

Holmegaard Lutken Krystal Vase Etched, Signed Fake? Empty Re: Holmegaard Lutken Krystal Vase Etched, Signed Fake?

Post by Nic on April 19th 2011, 9:08 am

It's from the 1957 'Susanne' series, produced until around 1976. The label on your vase dates its production to after 1965.

'15388' refers to Per L├╝tken's 'Hellas' vase, designed in 1950, which is the blank the motif is engraved on.

'3' refers to the engraved design (there were three designs in the 'Susanne' series).

I can't read the monogram at the end, but I seem to recall that the motifs were designed by Arne Bang, so it's possibly an 'AB'.

And, yes, 'krystal' is just Danish for 'crystal'.
Nic
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2526
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.wilsonandcoleman.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Holmegaard Lutken Krystal Vase Etched, Signed Fake? Empty Re: Holmegaard Lutken Krystal Vase Etched, Signed Fake?

Post by therese48 on April 25th 2011, 1:43 pm

Thank you so much Nic for all the great information!
therese48
therese48

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum