Small hand painted dish - Włocławek faience, (Poland)

2 posters

Go down

Small hand painted dish - Włocławek faience, (Poland) Empty Small hand painted dish - Włocławek faience, (Poland)

Post by JoFish November 23rd 2010, 1:39 pm

I may well be barking right up the wrong tree with Polish, I have had this little dish for a couple of years now and I am no wiser about it now than when I first picked it up. It is fairly small at 12 cm in diameter, light in weight and has embossed, printed and hand written marks on the base (including M. Gralewska).

Small hand painted dish - Włocławek faience, (Poland) Gralew10

Small hand painted dish - Włocławek faience, (Poland) Gralew11

Small hand painted dish - Włocławek faience, (Poland) Gralew12

Small hand painted dish - Włocławek faience, (Poland) Gralew13

Any help would be very welcome!

John
JoFish
JoFish

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Small hand painted dish - Włocławek faience, (Poland) Empty Re: Small hand painted dish - Włocławek faience, (Poland)

Post by Redware January 5th 2014, 7:46 pm

Hey, thanks to Susi mentioning you having trouble identyfying this dish I think I can solve the mystery for you  Happy 

The dish is definetely Polish, from the Włocławek faience manufacture, this one is from the Picasso range produced in 1950s. Many of them have been signed by artists.
Redware
Redware

Male Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2012-11-08

Back to top Go down

Small hand painted dish - Włocławek faience, (Poland) Empty Re: Small hand painted dish - Włocławek faience, (Poland)

Post by JoFish January 6th 2014, 1:43 pm

I am very fond of this dish (it is one of the few things I have here which is not made of glass) so it is great to have information relating to it. I had not considered that it may well date back as far as the 50s, Picasso as inspiration fits nicely too.

Thank you very much Redware, your assistance is very much appreciated. 

John
JoFish
JoFish

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum