Tremendous floor vase Åseda Sweden

Go down

Tremendous floor vase  Åseda Sweden Empty Tremendous floor vase Åseda Sweden

Post by Retro Art Glass on November 17th 2010, 4:14 pm

This beautiful huge thin blown vase is 40" tall.  It has a solid ring of bottom wear.  Was found in Las Vegas, USA with petrified bugs and a thin layer of fine hardened dust in the base, most of which was painstakingly removed, but some particles remain.  The huge vase weighs only 3½" lbs.  Naturally, I hope it is a giant version of Arthur Percy's design from the 1950s.  It does not appear nor 'feel' new. Could it be a reproduction?

Tremendous floor vase  Åseda Sweden Huge-blown-glass-floor-vase
Tremendous floor vase  Åseda Sweden Inverted-base
Retro Art Glass
Retro Art Glass

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-11-17

http://retroartglass.com

Back to top Go down

Tremendous floor vase  Åseda Sweden Empty Re: Tremendous floor vase Åseda Sweden

Post by Swedishmom on November 18th 2010, 7:06 pm

Hi there. In the middle of the 50's this sort of vases was blown at Åseda glassfactory in Sweden. They were blown at free hand, the master was not using any form. I've been trying to insert a picture showing the master Helge Isaraelsson performing such a floorvase, but I'm not successful here.

I have a floorvase with this hight and if You can teach me how to insert a picture I will do it asap.

Hope that You're not to unsatisfied with this answer. everything is not GullaSkruf and Percy when it comes to vases of this form.
Best regards from Sweden
Swedishmom
Swedishmom

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Tremendous floor vase  Åseda Sweden Empty Tremendous floor vase

Post by Retro Art Glass on November 18th 2010, 9:06 pm

Yes it is freeblown. The 'form' or 'design' is referenced in 'Scandinavian Glass Fire & Ice' by Pina and Vigier on page 17. It reads: "...transparent colors and sizes of lightweight bottle vases made mostly in Sweden by Gullaskruff (designed by Arthur Percy in 1952), Aseda, Elme, Lindshammar and others". I assume this means the design is by Percy at it was made at a few Scandinavian glass houses.

Swedishmom wrote:Hi there. In the middle of the 50's this sort of vases was blown at Åseda glassfactory in Sweden. They were blown at free hand, the master was not using any form. I've been trying to insert a picture showing the master Helge Isaraelsson performing such a floorvase, but I'm not successful here.

I have a floorvase with this hight and if You can teach me how to insert a picture I will do it asap.

Hope that You're not to unsatisfied with this answer. everything is not GullaSkruf and Percy when it comes to vases of this form.
Best regards from Sweden
Retro Art Glass
Retro Art Glass

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-11-17

http://retroartglass.com

Back to top Go down

Tremendous floor vase  Åseda Sweden Empty Re: Tremendous floor vase Åseda Sweden

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum