Is this Whitefriars? Help needed to ID pls

2 posters

Go down

Is this Whitefriars? Help needed to ID pls Empty Is this Whitefriars? Help needed to ID pls

Post by Thesigeng Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:06 pm

Boot sale buy this morning. Large clear glass bowl, greenish tinge with a thick wall to the glass. The thickness
varies with the pattern, which is a slightly bulbous effect on the bowl.
Glass is very heavy with a ground pontil to the base. There is quite a lot of wear to the base so
I think there is some age to it. I have checked online and in my Whitefriars book but am not
sure if it is Whitefriars or not. Anybody know?
Thanks. Sorry about the quality of photographs, clear glass is not easy to photograph.

Is this Whitefriars? Help needed to ID pls Sany0068 Is this Whitefriars? Help needed to ID pls Sany0069 Is this Whitefriars? Help needed to ID pls Sany0070 Is this Whitefriars? Help needed to ID pls Sany0071
Thesigeng
Thesigeng

Male Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2010-07-07

Back to top Go down

Is this Whitefriars? Help needed to ID pls Empty Re: Is this Whitefriars? Help needed to ID pls

Post by Nic Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:18 pm

Definitely not Whitefriars - the green's too slight to be Sea or Ocean Green.

Sadly, that's as much as I can add. Quite a few different factories made lobed bowls, so they're not often easy to identify without signatures or recognisable colours.
Nic
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.wilsonandcoleman.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Is this Whitefriars? Help needed to ID pls Empty Re: Is this Whitefriars? Help needed to ID pls

Post by Thesigeng Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:38 pm

Cheers Nic.

That's the word I was looking for "lobed" Laughter
Thesigeng
Thesigeng

Male Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2010-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum