Post by Calusa on July 6th 2015, 3:03 pm

It's always a struggle, Dan.
Calusa

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2010-08-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Raul Coronel

Post by tenpot on December 24th 2015, 12:37 pm

Calusa wrote:Here is a link to a video of Raul doing a demonstration at the Creative Arts Center in Burbank California. This was from a few years ago and my friend Johnathan finally posted it to Youtube.
been looking at a few throwing videos recently this one is good because he's talking about something completely different as hes throwing
tenpot

Male Number of posts : 2306
Registration date : 2008-06-07

http://aucoustier.blogspot.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman on December 24th 2015, 12:54 pm

is your clay still winning Paul?

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 13034
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by tenpot on December 24th 2015, 1:42 pm

pour l'instant
tenpot

Male Number of posts : 2306
Registration date : 2008-06-07

http://aucoustier.blogspot.fr/

Back to top Go down

Stoneware Designs, Inc. vs. Stoneware Designs West

Post by Calusa on April 29th 2016, 5:45 pm

I've noticed lately there seems to be some confusion regarding Raul Coronel's company Stoneware Designs, Inc. I have recently seen it misidentified as Stoneware Designs West which was a completely different company that had no connection to Raul Coronel.

Stoneware Designs West was a business started by two former Robert Maxwell employees; some of the wares produced bore a strong resemblance to Robert Maxwell Stoneware products both in clay body and glaze decoration though they bear no resemblance to the output of Stoneware Designs, Inc. or Raul Coronel.

With regard to identifying the output of Stoneware Designs, Inc., I have seen one piece, an ashtray, identified with a paper label that reads "Stoneware Designs Inc. formerly Raul Angulo Coronel" with an address on Federal Avenue in Los Angeles; the piece also has an incised "coronel" with a small "p", indicating it was made or decorated by Paul Pressburger, one of Coronel's assistants.

Coronel's catalog was produced under the banner of "Stoneware Designs, Inc." with a logo, but to my knowledge, the ware was marked with neither, other than the noted paper label which was apparently a transitional identification. "The Stoneware Designs, Inc." catalog identifies the company as a partnership between Raul Angulo Coronel and Walter E. Schneider, who is an artist/designer (but I don't believe he was a ceramicist). Brent Bennett, an apprentice to Coronel, eventually became a partner also, but I am unsure if it was with Stoneware Designs, Inc. or a later incarnation "Raul Coronel, Incorporated".
Calusa

Back to top Go down

Post by squirrelboy70 on September 21st 2016, 8:47 am

I saw in a previous post an orange King bottle vase marked Treasure Craft that was designed by Mr. Coronel and wanted to know if he, or Treasure Craft for that matter, ever produce them in any other colors? And were they always marked?  In research I found a Queen bottle vase in yellow but in no other colors.
squirrelboy70

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2016-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Calusa on September 21st 2016, 4:06 pm

I know very little about Treasurecraft products. I know that Coronel did some design work for them, however, when I showed him a photo of one of these pieces, he was unaware that they were being produced by Treasurecraft, and he did not remember licensing the design to them; so I don't know if he forgot the specifics or if Treasurecraft just "appropriated" the design without his knowledge.
Calusa

Back to top Go down

Post by squirrelboy70 on September 21st 2016, 6:30 pm

Well I'm content with knowing it was one of his designs, even if it was produced by someone other than him and under somewhat shady circumstances. I just recently became aware of Mr. Coronel's work and let's just say I'm hooked. Sadly I live in the South where it is rare to find pieces by Californian artist of that era but that won't stop me from looking. Thanks for your help and this wonderful post. Oh and if you see Mr. Coronel please tell him I said thank you as well.
squirrelboy70

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2016-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Haegernerd on May 22nd 2017, 12:10 am

Just found my first Raul Coronel wall plague (Nesting bird in tree). Found it a local flea-market for very little money. I didn't know anything about the creator but thanks to your thread I've learned a lot! Thank you. I'd post a picture but haven't figured out how to post it here. :-)
Haegernerd

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum