Les Roberts, Dovestone pottery and Chew Valley Pottery, Lancs

3 posters

Go down

Les Roberts, Dovestone pottery and Chew Valley Pottery, Lancs  Empty Les Roberts, Dovestone pottery and Chew Valley Pottery, Lancs

Post by flying free June 11th 2010, 7:16 pm

I have searched for this and all I can find is an address in Oldham.  I think this vase is really gorgeous.  It is about 5" high and wide.  I love the shape and the cut out effect.  I have a fab piece of David Brown holey pottery in a similar shape.  It's my favourite.  I'm sure I've seen similar elsewhere, maybe a different pottery  Les Roberts, Dovestone pottery and Chew Valley Pottery, Lancs  466571 but can't find anything.

Les Roberts, Dovestone pottery and Chew Valley Pottery, Lancs  Dovest10

Les Roberts, Dovestone pottery and Chew Valley Pottery, Lancs  Dovest11
flying free
flying free

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Les Roberts, Dovestone pottery and Chew Valley Pottery, Lancs  Empty Pierced tree decoration

Post by flying free June 11th 2010, 7:17 pm

Les Roberts, Dovestone pottery and Chew Valley Pottery, Lancs  Fbd29c10
flying free
flying free

Back to top Go down

Les Roberts, Dovestone pottery and Chew Valley Pottery, Lancs  Empty Re: Les Roberts, Dovestone pottery and Chew Valley Pottery, Lancs

Post by dantheman June 11th 2010, 7:28 pm

very nice,like Shelf pottery but more refined

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15414
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Les Roberts, Dovestone pottery and Chew Valley Pottery, Lancs  Empty Re: Les Roberts, Dovestone pottery and Chew Valley Pottery, Lancs

Post by flying free June 11th 2010, 7:55 pm

yeah agree. I also think it's nice because it's quite large though. If it were small it would be in danger of being 'twee' if you know what I mean?
flying free
flying free

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman June 11th 2010, 8:01 pm

yes I agree,it is sculptural at that size

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15414
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM October 16th 2021, 4:45 pm

Found a couple of pots with the same decoration, labelled Dovestone, Waterside Mill, Greenfield, Saddleworth, Lancashire, and another with Les Roberts, Chew Valley Pottery, at the same address

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31289
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum