Scandinavian? Alvar Aalto-Esque Vase

Go down

Scandinavian? Alvar Aalto-Esque Vase Empty Scandinavian? Alvar Aalto-Esque Vase

Post by Dorian_Graye on December 18th 2009, 8:55 pm

I purchased this vase at an estate sale of a woman who collected other, mostly Italian, art glass pieces. I thought it might not really be anything, but changed my mind because of the clear glass base and polished rim. It stands 6" inches tall and 6" inches long. Maybe someone has seen something like it? And please, if you would, try not to use "TK Maxx", as I know some residents of the forum are wont to do. The word "contemporary" works just fine. Thanks for your help.

(Mod edited: Caps removed for ease of reading)

Scandinavian? Alvar Aalto-Esque Vase Img_1410

Scandinavian? Alvar Aalto-Esque Vase Img_1411

Scandinavian? Alvar Aalto-Esque Vase Img_1412

Scandinavian? Alvar Aalto-Esque Vase Img_1413

Scandinavian? Alvar Aalto-Esque Vase Img_1414
Dorian_Graye
Dorian_Graye

Male Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Scandinavian? Alvar Aalto-Esque Vase Empty Re: Scandinavian? Alvar Aalto-Esque Vase

Post by Nic on December 18th 2009, 9:34 pm

Probably TK Ma.... sorry... contemporary Eastern European. Scandinavian? Alvar Aalto-Esque Vase 88589

It's a very nice Scandinavian-inspired shape, but the slightly, dare I say, 'garish' colour combination indicates its origins.

NB: A lot of people have difficulty reading large blocks of text in full capitals, so for the sake of folks' eyes could you please take capslock off in future? Much appreciated. Scandinavian? Alvar Aalto-Esque Vase 212118
Nic
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2526
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.wilsonandcoleman.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Scandinavian? Alvar Aalto-Esque Vase Empty Re: Scandinavian? Alvar Aalto-Esque Vase

Post by dantheman on December 18th 2009, 9:35 pm

I love your photo's though Scandinavian? Alvar Aalto-Esque Vase 175374 do you still use a Canon powershot?

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 14211
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip on December 20th 2009, 11:13 am

I have to agree with Nic - it looks contemporary and in comparison to an Aalto Savoy vase (I have two here to compare) it's quite crudely fashioned. There's nothing at all wrong with TK Maxx and we are here to garner honest opinions so we don't censor our members other than, of course, swear words or general unpleasantness - other than that anything goes.

Pip
Pip
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3414
Registration date : 2008-02-02

http://www.pips-trip.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nic on February 2nd 2010, 4:31 pm

Saw the same vase today with opal glass rather than clear, with a label reading 'Makora Krosno Poland'.

It appears that the vase I saw, and the vase in this thread, have been discontinued, but not the colour combination:
http://www.makora.com/pg/pl/katalog_ksztaltow/klasyczne_piekno/1220_3015_d194_turkus.html
Nic
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2526
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.wilsonandcoleman.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum