Stylish wood and brass floor lamp by Nigel Walters for Primavera

4 posters

Go down

Stylish wood and brass floor lamp by Nigel Walters for Primavera Empty Stylish wood and brass floor lamp by Nigel Walters for Primavera

Post by David Qwerty Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:01 am

Stylish wood and brass floor lamp by Nigel Walters for Primavera DSC00126Stylish wood and brass floor lamp by Nigel Walters for Primavera DSC00125Stylish wood and brass floor lamp by Nigel Walters for Primavera DSC00127
My first idea was 60's 70's Danish .Does anyone have thoughts about date, maker...? Thank you David
David Qwerty
David Qwerty

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-09-27

Back to top Go down

Stylish wood and brass floor lamp by Nigel Walters for Primavera Empty Re: Stylish wood and brass floor lamp by Nigel Walters for Primavera

Post by Nic Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:52 am

Sorry - missed this post somehow.

Absolutely lovely design, and British, I think, rather than Danish. I'd guess early 1950s, based on the shape.

My nan had one of these, but unfortunately it didn't fall into my side of the family after she passed - if you ever feel like selling, please let me know. I'd love to look into the design properly.
Nic
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.wilsonandcoleman.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Stylish wood and brass floor lamp by Nigel Walters for Primavera Empty Re: Stylish wood and brass floor lamp by Nigel Walters for Primavera

Post by David Qwerty Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:20 am

I'm glad someone else appreciates it! Saw it at auction and had to buy it....family not so impressed. I need to find the right kind of shade for it now. Any ideas of where to find one...or what would suit it?
David Qwerty
David Qwerty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nic Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:26 am

My nan's probably had the original shade - folded white parchment with an angled bottom rim, much the same shape as the shade on your other lamp. No idea where to get a replacement.
Nic
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nic Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:05 pm

Oh, excellent - I found your lamp in the 1951-52 Studio Magazine Yearbook...

It was designed by Nigel Walters for Primavera (run by the late, great Henry Rothschild). And it did originally come with a folded paper shade with angled rim.
Nic
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by David Qwerty Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:38 pm

Great work Nic! Thanks for doing all that searching! I've had a look though my only 50's Studio, 1952-3 but no luck.(Got plenty of Studios from around 1900 if anyone needs info from them).
It mentions an iconic lamp for Primavera by Walters in Rothchild's obituary . I wonder if it refers to the same lamp. http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2009/jun/10/obituary-henry-rothschild
Can't find much more about Nigel Walters though. Thanks again
David
David Qwerty
David Qwerty

Back to top Go down

Post by NikkiG Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:12 pm

I've got one of these, trying to decide on a shade, and was happily surprised to come across an old photo showing that my nan once had one too! Can confirm it showed the shade Nic described.
NikkiG
NikkiG

Female Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-06-09

http://www.twentiethcenturyinteriors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by David Qwerty Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:44 pm

Thanks Nikki ,
I've been looking out to buy one as Nic described ever since ..no sign either new or second hand.
David
David Qwerty
David Qwerty

Back to top Go down

Post by skay Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:06 pm

Stylish wood and brass floor lamp by Nigel Walters for Primavera 677383 I'm furious with every Nan I've ever had for chucking things out, and myself, and everyone else!

xx

big ed wrote:Burt lancaster spat on me Sad

brin mcardle wrote:Probably no surprise...I love this

Taylor Thomas wrote:Have you got enough quotes Sue?

l33ham180 wrote:the wife wants massive

NaomiM wrote:...didn't even have the excuse it was for charity. Just liked his balls. Cheeky

dantheman wrote:I think it's shit

22 Crawford St. wrote:No one likes clowns.

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3351
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by NikkiG Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:33 pm

Sorry, I can't recommend where to find a shade either. I haven't bought one for mine yet. Poor thing has been ignored in our warehouse for ages waiting to be rewired. Think I'm going to go for a straightforward 'cone' type shade though.
NikkiG
NikkiG

Female Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-06-09

http://www.twentiethcenturyinteriors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum