Vases for ID - Holmegaard?

Go down

Vases for ID - Holmegaard? Empty Re: Vases for ID - Holmegaard?

Post by derivative on Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:09 am

Hi, I've just acquired three Carnaby vases. Two Christer Holmgren style(one with an old sticker) and one small bulge vase by Per Lutken. I have a small amount of doubt about the bulge vase because in other pictures of these that I've seen the first indentation from the bottom looks more exaggerated than mine. All three match perfectly in terms of color(an orangey-red that's slightly lighter on the bulges) and quality. I'm wondering if there were imitations that very closely resembled the real thing or if there was just variation within the Carnaby line. Thanks to anyone that can help.
derivative
derivative

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Nic on Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:22 am

Probably just variation, if the dimensions also more or less match (these too are prone to slight variation).

The only one I'm aware of with a VERY similar copy is the ball-shaped vase - there is one that's probably modern Polish, identical to the Holmegaard vase but for a slightly extended neck and a thicker casing of clear at the bottom. I nearly fell for it when I first spotted it.

Of course, a photograph of your vase would help to confirm / deny explicitly.
Nic
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2526
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.wilsonandcoleman.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by derivative on Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:47 am

All three are 5-10 mm off in height compared to your numbers, above. They are pretty much dead on in diameter. I have little doubt any more...I'll send a photo if I get a chance. Frankly I don't see how the two without stickers could match the one with an obviously old worn real sticker, so perfectly, in terms of color and quality of they weren't the real thing. Thanks very much for your knowledge.
derivative
derivative

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum