Can anyone help identify this plate? Maybe Polish? South American?

2 posters

Go down

Can anyone help identify this plate? Maybe Polish? South American? Empty Can anyone help identify this plate? Maybe Polish? South American?

Post by tombstone777 October 12th 2009, 9:36 pm

Hi - I recently inherited this plate and have not a clue as to where it may have been made, how old it may be, or who manufactured it.

It is quite beautifully hand painted with wonderful colors and designs and it has a rather strange hand painted logo on the back which I can 't identify.
Maybe someone on this forum can help me?

Here is a picture of the front of the plate (which measures about 8") Can anyone help identify this plate? Maybe Polish? South American? Pa100010

And here is a closeup of the logo.Can anyone help identify this plate? Maybe Polish? South American? Logo10

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance, Tim
tombstone777
tombstone777

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Can anyone help identify this plate? Maybe Polish? South American? Empty Re: Can anyone help identify this plate? Maybe Polish? South American?

Post by Pip October 12th 2009, 9:53 pm

Hi Tim, welcome to the forum!

It's out of my comfort zone however I'd say it looks more like Persian or Turkish production. My mother has a silver enamelled pillbox that has a very similar pattern to the lid, similar colours too and it was given to her at University by a Persian girl in the 1950s.

Certainly it looks more Arabic than European or Mexican to me.

Pip
Pip
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3331
Registration date : 2008-02-02

http://www.pips-trip.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Can anyone help identify this plate? Maybe Polish? South American? Empty Re: Can anyone help identify this plate? Maybe Polish? South American?

Post by tombstone777 November 11th 2009, 11:12 pm

Hi Pip and thanks for the help. It certainly does have an Arabic feel to it doesn't it. I wish I could get a clue as to what the makers mark means. I intend to sell it and can use all the help in identification that I can get! If anyone else has further thoughts on it's meaning or a more precise identification of it's place of manufacture and/or age I'd surely appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,
Tim
tombstone777
tombstone777

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum