Potty Primate
Oldmagpie
hercules brabazon
Davee
dantheman
21 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

LESTER - Joe (Jo) Lester - Isle of Wight and West of England Pottery  - Page 2 Empty Re: Joe (Jo) Lester - Isle of Wight and West of England Pottery

Post by Potty December 7th 2012, 12:03 am

LESTER - Joe (Jo) Lester - Isle of Wight and West of England Pottery  - Page 2 Copyim10

LESTER - Joe (Jo) Lester - Isle of Wight and West of England Pottery  - Page 2 Copyim13

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

LESTER - Joe (Jo) Lester - Isle of Wight and West of England Pottery  - Page 2 Empty Re: Joe (Jo) Lester - Isle of Wight and West of England Pottery

Post by Potty December 7th 2012, 8:21 pm

LESTER - Joe (Jo) Lester - Isle of Wight and West of England Pottery  - Page 2 Copyim14

Potty
Potty

Back to top Go down

Post by mandrake1000 January 8th 2013, 9:00 pm

LESTER - Joe (Jo) Lester - Isle of Wight and West of England Pottery  - Page 2 Jo_les10
mandrake1000
mandrake1000

Male Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2012-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by mandrake1000 January 8th 2013, 9:32 pm

Here is my favourite fish dish:

LESTER - Joe (Jo) Lester - Isle of Wight and West of England Pottery  - Page 2 Iowfis10

Love it ...
mandrake1000
mandrake1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty January 9th 2013, 3:01 pm

Bird Dish:

LESTER - Joe (Jo) Lester - Isle of Wight and West of England Pottery  - Page 2 Iowbir10

Potty
Potty

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclectic-Dorset April 30th 2013, 11:35 am

An unusual carved lampbase Niton iow.
[img]LESTER - Joe (Jo) Lester - Isle of Wight and West of England Pottery  - Page 2 Today30th015_zpsd662b2eb[/img]
Eclectic-Dorset
Eclectic-Dorset

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2013-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by mandrake1000 May 26th 2013, 12:48 pm

Latest 2 purchases from the well-known online auction site.
Both were advertised with the same listing-text except one turned out to be half the size of the other!! Next time I will request the sizes BEFORE purchasing lol Rolling Eyes

LESTER - Joe (Jo) Lester - Isle of Wight and West of England Pottery  - Page 2 P1030310

LESTER - Joe (Jo) Lester - Isle of Wight and West of England Pottery  - Page 2 P1030311

LESTER - Joe (Jo) Lester - Isle of Wight and West of England Pottery  - Page 2 P1030312
mandrake1000
mandrake1000

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot May 26th 2013, 3:07 pm

And the pin dishes are worth about £2-£5.
Why?
Lovely stuff.
Just baffles me!
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6349
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclectic-Dorset May 26th 2013, 3:27 pm

Seems to be verry cheap at present but i am sure one day it will find its niche Market .
Eclectic-Dorset
Eclectic-Dorset

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2013-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman May 26th 2013, 3:39 pm

smart people would buy now as prices are bound to rise dramatically

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15414
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM May 26th 2013, 3:47 pm

Seems a marmite thing to me. You can pick them up for under a fiver and sell them on ebay for £10-£20 but they're too quirky to be worth more than that.
There's a dealer who prices hers at £30-£40 at local fairs, but she never seems to sell any.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31292
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty May 26th 2013, 5:14 pm

Prices overall have been rising, but many still go for hardly anything.

I expect this is partly due to people bidding on the odd one they like, rather than actual collectors. I think most of us collectors are tight! Big Laughter

I'd have to disagree about them being "too quirky", they are quirky but most people seem to like them.

Potty
Potty

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM May 26th 2013, 5:42 pm

Maybe it's just me, then. It's one of the few things I've not bothered with, even when I've seen them for 50p.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty May 26th 2013, 5:46 pm

We have quite a few guests here and the IoW pieces are the only thing people tend to universally like Happy The higher value studio pieces I have mostly get funny looks Shock Big Laughter

Potty
Potty

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty May 26th 2013, 6:26 pm

I mainly collect the decorated dishes, but the small vases / jugs etc can look nice together in my opinion.

LESTER - Joe (Jo) Lester - Isle of Wight and West of England Pottery  - Page 2 1_113

Mostly Island Pottery Studio - Joe Lester, but a couple Alum Bay - Joseph Lester and Totland Pottery - Kenneth Scotcher.

Potty
Potty

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty May 26th 2013, 6:48 pm

mandrake1000 wrote:Latest 2 purchases from the well-known online auction site.
Both were advertised with the same listing-text except one turned out to be half the size of the other!! Next time I will request the sizes BEFORE purchasing lol Rolling Eyes

LESTER - Joe (Jo) Lester - Isle of Wight and West of England Pottery  - Page 2 P1030310

Much better pictures than they were listed with Excellent

I like them, had I known the orange one was a smaller version I may have bid Big Laughter

Out of interest if the one of the left a Ken Scotcher piece?

Potty
Potty

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty May 31st 2013, 6:51 am

Not all by Joe Lester, but the majority of them are and they are all in his "Lester Style" of decoration or adapted from it.

LESTER - Joe (Jo) Lester - Isle of Wight and West of England Pottery  - Page 2 1_212

Some of the pots in this picture are by:

Kenneth Scotcher
Donald Beckley
Joseph Lester (Joe's Son)
Martin Gilchrist
Jack Manning

Oh and a box of 1960's fireworks... with most of the contents Big Laughter Including a jumping jack geek

Potty
Potty

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM August 6th 2013, 2:13 pm

Well, since I was on the IoW, I couldn't pass up a couple of pieces of IoW pottery.

LESTER - Joe (Jo) Lester - Isle of Wight and West of England Pottery  - Page 2 Dscn8311

LESTER - Joe (Jo) Lester - Isle of Wight and West of England Pottery  - Page 2 Dscn8312

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty August 6th 2013, 4:33 pm

Most Excellent 

I like the owl Happy 

Potty
Potty

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM August 6th 2013, 5:30 pm

Me too. Happy  There was tons of the stuff in the antiques shops, but I liked the cheeky owl and inscription on this one.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by denbydump June 7th 2014, 11:24 pm

Oh dear, some other obsessive IOWters. I have many hundreds of pieces, from
Saunders/Scotcher/Reiley/Beckley/Lester/yarmouth/yellowsands/ etc Where do I start?

Anyway a nice Jo Lester plate 9.5 in diameter.

LESTER - Joe (Jo) Lester - Isle of Wight and West of England Pottery  - Page 2 Iow0110
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 7189
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty June 8th 2014, 12:54 am

Looking forward to seeing the pictures  Most Excellent 

Potty
Potty

Back to top Go down

Post by denbydump June 8th 2014, 12:45 pm

Well when I say hundreds, I really mean hundreds. Most boxed up somewhere, so
maybe just a few of the more unusual bigger bits, as most are the little pots and
dishes like you have already shown.

LESTER - Joe (Jo) Lester - Isle of Wight and West of England Pottery  - Page 2 Iow0210

LESTER - Joe (Jo) Lester - Isle of Wight and West of England Pottery  - Page 2 Iow0310
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 7189
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM June 8th 2014, 1:25 pm

A Reilly plaque (of a cockerel, I think) went for a lot of money on ebay last week.  Shock admittedly it was very nice.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by brin mcardle June 8th 2014, 1:26 pm

BLIMEY !!
brin mcardle
brin mcardle

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum