Elisenda Sala i Ponsa, Barcelona, Spain

2 posters

Go down

Elisenda Sala i Ponsa, Barcelona, Spain  Empty Elisenda Sala i Ponsa, Barcelona, Spain

Post by trefor_d August 9th 2023, 12:07 pm

Elisenda Sala i Ponsa, Barcelona, Spain  Img_2351
Elisenda Sala i Ponsa, Barcelona, Spain  Img_2353

Elisenda Sala i Ponsa, Barcelona, Spain  Img_2352
trefor_d
trefor_d

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2022-05-17

Back to top Go down

Elisenda Sala i Ponsa, Barcelona, Spain  Empty Re: Elisenda Sala i Ponsa, Barcelona, Spain

Post by Potty August 9th 2023, 12:44 pm

Elisenda Sala i Ponsa
(Barcelona, 1938)

ceramist

Educated at the Massana School (1950-59)—she was a student and collaborator of Llorens i Artigas—and at the Stockholm Konstfackskolan (1961-62). He has exhibited individually in Garriga (1960), Stockholm (1962), Girona (1963), Barcelona (1966, 1967 and 1979), Valencia (1974 and 1979), Gandia (1979), Palafrugell (1983) and Vic (1985). , and collectively in Faenza, Geneva, Florence, Montevideo, Maastricht (Holland), Madrid, Cotlliure, la Bisbal, Tarragona, Don Mills (Ontario), Gothenburg (Sweden), Bechyně (Czechoslovakia) and, often, in Barcelona. He has several Barcelona prizes, including the first Ciutat de Barcelona award for ceramics (1966) and a gold medal in the Faenza competition (1973). A teacher at Escola Massana since 1963, she has participated in conferences and seminars at Yale (1971), London (1972) and Sargadelos (Galicia, 1974). Scholarship from the Joan March Foundation, she went to research ceramics in Japan (1971). He has made several publications. He has excelled in researching ceramic forms and original glazes. From his work stand out murals in the boardroom of FENOSA in A Coruña (1964), in the lobby of the Banco Ibérico in Carrer de Tuset in Barcelona (1968), in the chapel of the Carmelite Missionaries of Gràcia, in Barcelona, ​​(1970 ) and the titles Catalunya (1967) and Mediterrània (the one awarded in Faenza, 1973). He has works in the ceramic museums of Barcelona, ​​Valencia and Faenza.

https://elisendasalaponsa.com/

https://elisendasalaponsa.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/fang-a-les-mans-per-enviar.pdf

https://auctionet.com/es/1169053-tres-jarrones-dos-cuencos-y-bote-ornamental-en-loza-y-gres-hacia-1940-1950/images#image_8

(to confirm the mark is the same)

Quite a bit of info on Google, but you will have to use a translator, as most of it is in Spanish.

Not one I had heard of before, but the mark and style appear to be correct.

Last edited by Potty on August 9th 2023, 12:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Elisenda Sala i Ponsa, Barcelona, Spain  Empty Re: Elisenda Sala i Ponsa, Barcelona, Spain

Post by Potty August 9th 2023, 12:44 pm

Is there a date? It's hard to see in the picture.

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by trefor_d August 9th 2023, 1:09 pm

Thanks for that Potty,can't see any date but it feels like 70's.I've never heard of her but it just looked interesting.
trefor_d
trefor_d

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2022-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum