Danlami Aliyu, etc, Al Habib Pottery, Minna, Nigeria

4 posters

Go down

Danlami Aliyu, etc, Al Habib Pottery, Minna, Nigeria Empty Danlami Aliyu, etc, Al Habib Pottery, Minna, Nigeria

Post by studio-pots April 20th 2015, 9:38 pm

A large Danlami Aliyu jug (35.5 cm / 14 inches tall) that I sold recently. He died in May 2012

Danlami Aliyu, etc, Al Habib Pottery, Minna, Nigeria Danlam11

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7816
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Danlami Aliyu, etc, Al Habib Pottery, Minna, Nigeria Empty VSO Voluntary Services Overseas, Minna, Nigeria

Post by lindylou08 February 2nd 2016, 1:57 pm

Hi
Is it possible that Danlami Aliyu didn't always sign his work?
Or would this just be a piece by someone at the pottery he set up? Obviously made for Voluntary Services Overseas in Nigeria
I bought this with a hyacinth bulb in it!!!  Unfortunately lots of little flea bites in rim glaze.

Danlami Aliyu, etc, Al Habib Pottery, Minna, Nigeria Al_hab10
Danlami Aliyu, etc, Al Habib Pottery, Minna, Nigeria Al_hab11 Danlami Aliyu, etc, Al Habib Pottery, Minna, Nigeria Al_hab12
lindylou08
lindylou08

Female Number of posts : 649
Registration date : 2012-11-09

Back to top Go down

Danlami Aliyu, etc, Al Habib Pottery, Minna, Nigeria Empty Danlami Aliyu, Al-Habib Pottery, Minna, Nigeria

Post by r-and-f May 14th 2019, 11:15 pm

Two charity shop finds today, a big 4-pint jug and a sort of decanter with spout and stopper, both from Danlami Aliyu's Al-Habib Pottery in Minna, Nigeria. Both are clearly marked with the pottery name, and the jug has impressed initials R.I.

So presumably not by Danlami himself, but very competently potted.

Danlami Aliyu, etc, Al Habib Pottery, Minna, Nigeria 2019-025

Danlami Aliyu, etc, Al Habib Pottery, Minna, Nigeria 2019-022

Danlami Aliyu, etc, Al Habib Pottery, Minna, Nigeria 2019-024

Danlami Aliyu, etc, Al Habib Pottery, Minna, Nigeria 2019-027    Danlami Aliyu, etc, Al Habib Pottery, Minna, Nigeria 2019-026
r-and-f
r-and-f

Male Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2012-02-07

https://randomtreasureblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Danlami Aliyu, etc, Al Habib Pottery, Minna, Nigeria Empty Re: Danlami Aliyu, etc, Al Habib Pottery, Minna, Nigeria

Post by studio-pots May 14th 2019, 11:43 pm

Danlami set up the pottery with the help of Michael OBrien on the same lines as the Abuja Pottery i.e. with several potters working there.

The decoration looks similar to some that I have seen on Danlami pots and so the potter, who I do not know, was probably taught brushwork by Danlami.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7816
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Danlami Aliyu, etc, Al Habib Pottery, Minna, Nigeria Empty Al Habib Pottery, Minna, Nigeria

Post by brin mcardle May 15th 2019, 5:25 pm

There was an excellent exhibition"Michael Obrien in Nigeria" at the Craft Study Centre Farnham
brin mcardle
brin mcardle

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Danlami Aliyu, etc, Al Habib Pottery, Minna, Nigeria Empty Re: Danlami Aliyu, etc, Al Habib Pottery, Minna, Nigeria

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum