Mystery item, pattern number 143, Trentham Art Ware Possibly?

2 posters

Go down

Mystery item, pattern number 143, Trentham Art Ware Possibly? Empty Mystery item, pattern number 143, Trentham Art Ware Possibly?

Post by J2020 December 12th 2022, 10:34 pm

I now have 2 of these!... whatever they are..? (I like the dried/silk flower display-plate idea... -  but haven't tried it out in case I cause damage)

The latest one has no stickers, but does have an impressed number (142) on the reverse (=shape no.?), and an inscribed (potter's?) mark on the base  A? or TD? or..?? (see images)
These may also be present on the first one I found, but are probably hidden behind the stickers, which I am loathe to remove!

Mystery item, pattern number 143, Trentham Art Ware Possibly? Trenth13

Mystery item, pattern number 143, Trentham Art Ware Possibly? Trenth14
J2020
J2020

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2017-10-09

Back to top Go down

Mystery item, pattern number 143, Trentham Art Ware Possibly? Empty Re: Mystery item, pattern number 143, Trentham Art Ware Possibly?

Post by philpot December 13th 2022, 5:38 pm

there two Trenthams. One was Trentham Bone China a Staffordshire pottery which operated 1952-57. They used two marks One was Trentham Royal Crown Pottery over a mark of a crown,with Fine Bone China England below the Crown.This was a printed mark used 1952-57 They also used another mark which was Royal Crown Pottery TrenthamFine Bone China Longston England used 1955-57. Both marks were printed. The Pottery produced China exclusively.
The other Trentham was Brand name used by Devonshire Potteries of Bovey Tracey which used a paper label or seal which read Trentham Art Ware Made in Devon. This was a pottery that made Wares almost exclusively for the British Tourist Tradenin the 50s onwards. I definitely do not this would have been anything like they made!
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6349
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum