Please help with id of this terracotta teapot with strainer

2 posters

Go down

Please help with id of this terracotta teapot with strainer Empty Please help with id of this terracotta teapot with strainer

Post by lpt8767 November 24th 2022, 6:01 pm

Hi! I am hoping to get help identifyin this teapot which looks to be made of terracotta. It measures about 6" wide and 3" tall and weighs around 1.5 pounds. It is glazed on the inside. It is signed on the bottom with what looks like "CAUO." It has three pieces to it: a teapot with handle, a strainer that inserts in the top of the teapot, and the lid that sits inside the rim of the strainer.Please help with id of this terracotta teapot with strainer Img_6812
Please help with id of this terracotta teapot with strainer Photor13
Please help with id of this terracotta teapot with strainer Photor14

Thanks for any help you can provide.
lpt8767
lpt8767

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2022-11-24

Back to top Go down

Please help with id of this terracotta teapot with strainer Empty Re: Please help with id of this terracotta teapot with strainer

Post by NaomiM November 24th 2022, 7:35 pm

Looks like Native American-style decoration. Maybe Mexican but I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with individual potters from there.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31420
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Please help with id of this terracotta teapot with strainer Empty Re: Please help with id of this terracotta teapot with strainer

Post by lpt8767 November 25th 2022, 4:30 am

Thank you for your insight! I was thinking Native American as well. I've tried to find a teapot with the same design that might help, but I am unable to find one that is similar. Most with a strainer have the strainer glued into the opening of the spout on the inside of the pot.
lpt8767
lpt8767

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2022-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum