The reason of the arise of german pottery

3 posters

Go down

The reason of the arise of german pottery Empty The reason of the arise of german pottery

Post by Jim M78 January 3rd 2009, 1:13 pm

What is the reason of the arise of german pottery?
I read in a book that the arise camed after the second world war.
First bought the people only the necessary things.
And than the factory's made the pottery to give the people a new happy feeling.
A new life-feeling, they let them look to bright future.
Is this the philosophy od West-German pottery?
Jim M78

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

The reason of the arise of german pottery Empty Re: The reason of the arise of german pottery

Post by big ed January 4th 2009, 10:18 am

I would be hard pushed to give an actual reason ,but I would suggest for the 1960'70's at least , it would have been a reflection of the times , psychedelic art forms , pop art , also artists like Dali , picasso , would have had a big say on designs , I do thinka lot of the makers of german pottery were strongly influenced by what was going on elswhere at the time , hence the massive ammounts of massed produced pottery that was exported all over the world (so making money would have been a reason )
Studio potters like Hans Coper and Lucie Rie would, I like to think produced pieces as pure works of art , Just my opinion , ED
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11942
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

The reason of the arise of german pottery Empty Re: The reason of the arise of german pottery

Post by dantheman January 4th 2009, 1:05 pm

Scandinavian pottery had a huge influence on European pottery forms in the 60's/70's and the psychedelic/flower power scene seemed to influence the decoration

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15417
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim M78 January 5th 2009, 1:58 pm

So one reason is the development of the psychedelic art ( the colours: bright red, orange = psychedelic ??) and the other reason massive production of the factory's = money.
Jim M78

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum