Assistance needed with a jug please???

4 posters

Go down

Assistance needed with a jug please??? Empty Assistance needed with a jug please???

Post by LEGSY October 26th 2022, 4:10 pm

As long as i can remember i have had a fascination with jugs mainly glass but recently all
kinds i was wondering if anyone might be able to recollect this one. Due to it being unmarked
i would think it might be very difficult to find a maker or date for but i thought i would try here
as it has in the past been the best place to find information on many subjects of pottery.
Think the top of the jug having green knots might make one think it is certainly from this
part of the world and the shape of the pouring spout too. That's all i know about it really just a
small cream jug with fluted body any thoughts greatly appreciated Surrender

Assistance needed with a jug please??? P1010272
Assistance needed with a jug please??? P1010270
Assistance needed with a jug please??? P1010271
LEGSY
LEGSY

Male Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2017-02-19

Back to top Go down

Assistance needed with a jug please??? Empty Re: Assistance needed with a jug please???

Post by LEGSY October 26th 2022, 4:13 pm

some more pictures

Assistance needed with a jug please??? P1010274
Assistance needed with a jug please??? P1010273
LEGSY
LEGSY

Back to top Go down

Assistance needed with a jug please??? Empty Re: Assistance needed with a jug please???

Post by LEGSY November 4th 2022, 1:48 pm

Anybody fancy a guess as to the age on this jug folks i kinda thought it looked a bit like a sparrow beak shape but not to sure really Surrender
LEGSY
LEGSY

Back to top Go down

Post by 22 Crawford St. November 4th 2022, 2:10 pm

It's porcelain, hand gilded and painted. It comes from a time when formal tea drinking was high fashion and there was at least one set in every household. Not my thing really so I can't help - but I would have expected the big companies like Daulton and Worcester to have marked their pieces. Could be anywhere between 1850 and 1950? Not much help I know
22 Crawford St.
22 Crawford St.

Male Number of posts : 5607
Registration date : 2009-12-19

http://www.briglin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM November 4th 2022, 2:13 pm

I think it's 19thC. Minton, Caughley... ? You might find it by searching for fluted porcelain jugs

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31292
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by denbydump November 4th 2022, 4:41 pm

I would agree 19th C. Is it porcelain? can you shine a light through it?
Looks more like Pearlware/Creamware from the pix.
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 7189
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Post by LEGSY November 4th 2022, 7:56 pm

Thanks folks really great information i put a torch into the top of it to confirm but couldn't turn my cameras flash off so could not show you but it kind of shines threw it and onto the wall in places most likely where at the most thin thickness in between the flutes :) It is not my forte Pottery so i am not to sure on material but seems a little bit course on the base edge? There is possibly a curly "E" OR a "3" on the middle base but can only see with the torch really not to sure about that part either sorry not much help :(
LEGSY
LEGSY

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM November 4th 2022, 8:05 pm

It might be late 18th-early 19th Century. They fired pots several times during glazing and decorating and they could pick up bits of sand and soot from the kilns, giving a rough and spotted appearance

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31292
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum