Sep/Oct/Nov is a Bad Time to Sell Ceramics ?

2 posters

Go down

Sep/Oct/Nov is a Bad Time to Sell Ceramics ?  Empty Sep/Oct/Nov is a Bad Time to Sell Ceramics ?

Post by 22 Crawford St. September 17th 2022, 11:44 am

I have a theory that Sep/Oct/Nov is a bad time to sell ceramics

Reasons

August Summer Holiday
Kids back to school
People start thinking about Christmas and saving up so they sell things.
Winter fuel costs coming in
Lots of bills in general - people not buying

So even in a normal year I seem to notice some really good bargains on Ebay, just not so many people buying.

Once we get to December people go mad but Sep/Oct/Nov it's a good time to buy IMO

Anyone else notice this?
22 Crawford St.
22 Crawford St.

Male Number of posts : 5607
Registration date : 2009-12-19

http://www.briglin.com

Back to top Go down

Sep/Oct/Nov is a Bad Time to Sell Ceramics ?  Empty Re: Sep/Oct/Nov is a Bad Time to Sell Ceramics ?

Post by ppcollectables September 18th 2022, 10:47 am

I get your logic but I just did an antique fair at Winchester on the August bank holiday and it was one of the best I've done there for a long time. I was pleasantly surprised.
Also its the 'Festival of Antiques' at the East of England showground at Peterborough next week so I'm hoping for a good weekend though it may be a guide for things to come.
As to expensive fuel bills I've just had an email from Octopus energy and it seems to be saying that there will be only small adjustments to my current bill. Add to that my winter fuel payment - "I'm 66 you know " and maybe ( for some at least ) there will be some money about. Also as I have no grandchildren I don't have to feel guilty about them having to pay for it all over the next century or so.
ppcollectables
ppcollectables

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Sep/Oct/Nov is a Bad Time to Sell Ceramics ?  Empty Re: Sep/Oct/Nov is a Bad Time to Sell Ceramics ?

Post by 22 Crawford St. September 18th 2022, 12:43 pm

Certainly true that we leave the future generation a different world than the one passed to us
22 Crawford St.
22 Crawford St.

Male Number of posts : 5607
Registration date : 2009-12-19

http://www.briglin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum