L: mark, Leach St Ives Pottery

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

L: mark, Leach St Ives Pottery  - Page 2 Empty Re: L: mark, Leach St Ives Pottery

Post by studio-pots September 2nd 2022, 9:01 pm

Potty wrote:
studio-pots wrote:
The real importance is that they are salt-glazed, which ties them down to a certain period in the 1970s.

This I why I wonder if they are later, do we know when they started doing it again?

After Bernard moved from the pottery in the early 1970s, Janet changed the kilns and had one that she used for salt-glazing now and then. it is this period when the L: pieces are most likely to have been done.

As far as I am aware, no salt-glazing has been done since before I visited the Leach Pottery in around 1993.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7282
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

L: mark, Leach St Ives Pottery  - Page 2 Empty Re: L: mark, Leach St Ives Pottery

Post by Potty September 2nd 2022, 10:10 pm

studio-pots wrote:After Bernard moved from the pottery in the early 1970s, Janet changed the kilns and had one that she used for salt-glazing now and then. it is this period when the L: pieces are most likely to have been done.

As far as I am aware, no salt-glazing has been done since before I visited the Leach Pottery in around 1993.

They have certainly done a fair bit of soda glaze in more recent years. Thought I had read somewhere about salf glaze too, but I may be mistaken.

Here's a video of the soda glaze in case anyone is interested to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0B6-qBMTOk&t=97s

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3536
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum