Does anyone recognize the artist mark Chinese style rectangular bowl

2 posters

Go down

Does anyone recognize the artist mark Chinese style rectangular bowl Empty Does anyone recognize the artist mark Chinese style rectangular bowl

Post by SeamusDubhlain August 16th 2022, 8:21 am

Does anyone recognize the artist mark Chinese style rectangular bowl. The mark is under a cobalt bird or slash inside the bowl. The bottom is covered in cobalt blue. I have another bowl with a clearer mark and will add that photo later. I am in New Mexico in the USA if that helps.

Does anyone recognize the artist mark Chinese style rectangular bowl C1c5d410
Does anyone recognize the artist mark Chinese style rectangular bowl Chines10
Does anyone recognize the artist mark Chinese style rectangular bowl 57350610

Last edited by SeamusDubhlain on August 16th 2022, 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
SeamusDubhlain
SeamusDubhlain

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2021-03-23

Back to top Go down

Does anyone recognize the artist mark Chinese style rectangular bowl Empty Re: Does anyone recognize the artist mark Chinese style rectangular bowl

Post by SeamusDubhlain August 16th 2022, 8:25 am

Here is the mark on another bowl.

Does anyone recognize the artist mark Chinese style rectangular bowl Img_3610
Does anyone recognize the artist mark Chinese style rectangular bowl Img_3611
SeamusDubhlain
SeamusDubhlain

Back to top Go down

Does anyone recognize the artist mark Chinese style rectangular bowl Empty Re: Does anyone recognize the artist mark Chinese style rectangular bowl

Post by Jarl August 16th 2022, 10:00 am

Hello, I just looked up the character...it says 'Gold'. There are online sites you can physically write in a character and it'll automatically suggest matches.
Jarl
Jarl

Male Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2022-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by SeamusDubhlain August 16th 2022, 2:27 pm

Hi. Thank you very much for that! I had wrongly assumed that it was an artist mark and did not try translating, but I see that it is the Chinese character jin / English gold.
SeamusDubhlain
SeamusDubhlain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum