Orange cornucopia vase with fluted rim and spiral pedestal

2 posters

Go down

Orange cornucopia vase with fluted rim and spiral pedestal Empty Orange cornucopia vase with fluted rim and spiral pedestal

Post by katem July 8th 2022, 9:11 am

Hello all
This is my first post, trying to get it right!
I've recently been given a lovely glass vase, but it has no markings and I'd love to find out more about it.
It's an orange/clear glass cornucopia vase, 24cm high. The rim is frilled and fluted and 13cm in diameter at the widest part, and the very edges are clear glass. At the bottom it ends in a clear spiral, which is on a pedestal similar to that on a wine glass. There is a large pontil beneath.
The glass looks matte, it's not shiny at all, but doesn't seem frosted - when it is wet the colours become far more intense and clear. It is quite heavy - 660g.
I'm really hoping someone here can help!
regards,
kateOrange cornucopia vase with fluted rim and spiral pedestal 20220710
Orange cornucopia vase with fluted rim and spiral pedestal 20220712
Orange cornucopia vase with fluted rim and spiral pedestal 20220711
katem
katem

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2022-07-06

Back to top Go down

Orange cornucopia vase with fluted rim and spiral pedestal Empty Re: Orange cornucopia vase with fluted rim and spiral pedestal

Post by NaomiM July 8th 2022, 11:47 am

Welcome to the forum Orange cornucopia vase with fluted rim and spiral pedestal 910958

Lovely piece. Hopefully someone will recognise it. Helps to have a photo of the base even if there’s no mark

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31419
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum