A water container/bucket, probably Japanese - need help in identifying

2 posters

Go down

A water container/bucket, probably Japanese - need help in identifying Empty A water container/bucket, probably Japanese - need help in identifying

Post by softmatsg April 11th 2022, 8:05 am

Hello, I am new to this forum. My name is Nick and recently I've started collecting pottery items. One such object is this water container/bucket (?), which I have purchased on an auction in Singapore. I need help in identifying the pottery type, and artist, if possible. Its design looks modern, there are no visible marks. Around 30cm in height and has a rather low weight. It looks like Japanese teoke ceramics but I couldn't find any Japanese style that would closely resemble it. Some people suggested Shino ware, some suggested the Singaporean ceramist Iskandar Jalil (although he always seems to sign his works). Any help appreciated

A water container/bucket, probably Japanese - need help in identifying Pottey10
softmatsg
softmatsg

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2022-04-11

Back to top Go down

A water container/bucket, probably Japanese - need help in identifying Empty Re: A water container/bucket, probably Japanese - need help in identifying

Post by NaomiM April 11th 2022, 12:02 pm

Lovely piece. A photo of the base is necessary even if there’s no mark

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31289
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

A water container/bucket, probably Japanese - need help in identifying Empty Re: A water container/bucket, probably Japanese - need help in identifying

Post by softmatsg April 24th 2022, 9:13 am

After some time I can finally post the photo of the base. The item is 30cm high and 12 cm wide. The thread looks like rattan.

A water container/bucket, probably Japanese - need help in identifying Photo110
A water container/bucket, probably Japanese - need help in identifying Photo111
softmatsg
softmatsg

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2022-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM April 24th 2022, 11:22 am

It looks very modern, and molded, with a 'rustic' application of slip on the surface to give an appearance of age. It may be a commercial decorative piece.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31289
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum