Distinctive Gold and red lustre bowl, marked? - John Lomas? Tony Laverick?

3 posters

Go down

Distinctive Gold and red lustre bowl, marked? - John Lomas? Tony Laverick? Empty Distinctive Gold and red lustre bowl, marked? - John Lomas? Tony Laverick?

Post by MCWebs November 8th 2021, 9:21 pm

Reminiscent of a couple of potters.. possibly… a bit like tony lavericks early work?

Matt black base to bottom of this porcelain shallow bold with brilliant gold work to under rim and centre.

Would really appreciated some help and ideas on who the potter was bec the mark looks like it has worn a bit…

Distinctive Gold and red lustre bowl, marked? - John Lomas? Tony Laverick? 59a0c410

Distinctive Gold and red lustre bowl, marked? - John Lomas? Tony Laverick? B1cab510

Distinctive Gold and red lustre bowl, marked? - John Lomas? Tony Laverick? E2370310

Distinctive Gold and red lustre bowl, marked? - John Lomas? Tony Laverick? Ab93be10

Distinctive Gold and red lustre bowl, marked? - John Lomas? Tony Laverick? B252d510

Would love some help
MCWebs
MCWebs

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2017-09-24

Back to top Go down

Distinctive Gold and red lustre bowl, marked? - John Lomas? Tony Laverick? Empty Re: Distinctive Gold and red lustre bowl, marked? - John Lomas? Tony Laverick?

Post by philpot November 9th 2021, 12:08 pm

There are actually very few potters doing this type of lustre work. Tony Laverick would indeed be your best bet. I have several pieces and it looks somewhat like them. Not his early ASL work, as that is somewhat dull and not as good as this. It would the work he did for about a decade straddling 2000 Invariably they have a painted signature and date.
Other possibilities. Early Sutton Taylor Lotherton Hall? Andrew Hazelden? Although both are long shots.
Where did you get it? What size and clay is it?
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6349
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Distinctive Gold and red lustre bowl, marked? - John Lomas? Tony Laverick? Empty Re: Distinctive Gold and red lustre bowl, marked? - John Lomas? Tony Laverick?

Post by NaomiM November 9th 2021, 12:20 pm

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31291
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by MCWebs November 10th 2021, 7:00 pm

Hi, the bowl is about 22cm in diameter and very shallow, I believe that it's porcelain. not very exciting back story i'm afraid I bought it from ebay :) - .
MCWebs
MCWebs

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM November 16th 2021, 5:30 pm

Reminds me of this one I used to have

20thcenturyforum.com/t25696-dish-with-lustre-dec-mystery-jl-or-tl-mark-john-lomas-tony-laverick

Maybe Tony Laverick?

https://pin.it/4JMNK2v

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31291
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by MCWebs November 16th 2021, 6:48 pm

My gut is probably Tony Laverick but i would have thought the mark would be clear with his work?
MCWebs
MCWebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum