BHS and M mark on vase - Micki Schloessingk? - probably Mary Rich

4 posters

Go down

BHS and M mark on vase - Micki Schloessingk? - probably Mary Rich Empty BHS and M mark on vase - Micki Schloessingk? - probably Mary Rich

Post by HelenC October 24th 2021, 1:40 pm

BHS and M mark on vase - Micki Schloessingk? - probably Mary Rich C6df7510
BHS and M mark on vase - Micki Schloessingk? - probably Mary Rich 0c2eaa10
BHS and M mark on vase - Micki Schloessingk? - probably Mary Rich F37bac10
I’m fairly confident this vase, and the mark, is Mary Rich. If I’m right though - what are the initials on the base? BH2 (or BHS) and CI. Glaze test, perhaps? Thanks
HelenC
HelenC

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2021-01-29

Back to top Go down

BHS and M mark on vase - Micki Schloessingk? - probably Mary Rich Empty Re: BHS and M mark on vase - Micki Schloessingk? - probably Mary Rich

Post by philpot October 24th 2021, 2:53 pm

I think the mark is that of Micki Schloessingk, and not Mary Rich.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6381
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

BHS and M mark on vase - Micki Schloessingk? - probably Mary Rich Empty Re: BHS and M mark on vase - Micki Schloessingk? - probably Mary Rich

Post by HelenC October 24th 2021, 4:19 pm

I think you may be right, I was swayed by the glazes on the Mary Rich examples but when comparing the two the Mary Rich “m” stamp is pretty flat across the top, where Micki Schloessingk’s mark has the ‘dip’ between the two sections of the m. I only have salt glazed pots by Micki so didn’t think to cross reference with those, I’ll do that now.
HelenC
HelenC

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot October 24th 2021, 8:00 pm

Micki Schloessingk has had several apprentices and does numerous personal classes. She also does six week courses. So it could be a lot of people. It might be an idea to e-mail her, she might be able to tell you.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6381
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenC October 24th 2021, 8:05 pm

I’ve done a course with Micki a few years ago, I’ll ask her if she can shed any light on it.
HelenC
HelenC

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman December 26th 2022, 11:14 am

did you get a reply, Helen?

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15417
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty December 26th 2022, 11:26 pm

Mary Rich, 99% sure. Assume the markings on the bottom are glaze/clay notes.

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum