60s Runic & Glass signed PN - Troika/Wallwork influence - Pamela Nash

4 posters

Go down

60s Runic & Glass signed PN - Troika/Wallwork influence - Pamela Nash  Empty 60s Runic & Glass signed PN - Troika/Wallwork influence - Pamela Nash

Post by ClaraIreland2 October 3rd 2021, 12:21 pm

60s Runic & Glass signed PN - Troika/Wallwork influence - Pamela Nash  Dscn6814
60s Runic & Glass signed PN - Troika/Wallwork influence - Pamela Nash  Dscn6815
60s Runic & Glass signed PN - Troika/Wallwork influence - Pamela Nash  Dscn6813

I think its design is very like Alan Wallwork's and Cornwall. It does have a flat bottom which thanks to this site I know is unusual for his work. I have however found another attributed to him with a "flat" base. There is a number 142 painted in black on the underside.

Thank you for looking and any advice you can give.
ClaraIreland2
ClaraIreland2

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2014-01-27

Back to top Go down

60s Runic & Glass signed PN - Troika/Wallwork influence - Pamela Nash  Empty Re: 60s Runic & Glass signed PN - Troika/Wallwork influence - Pamela Nash

Post by NaomiM October 3rd 2021, 6:55 pm

Pamela Nash, maybe

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 25107
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

60s Runic & Glass signed PN - Troika/Wallwork influence - Pamela Nash  Empty Re: 60s Runic & Glass signed PN - Troika/Wallwork influence - Pamela Nash

Post by ClaraIreland2 October 4th 2021, 11:54 am

Thank you so much Naomi. You are so knowledgeable as always. It is definitely by Pamela Nash. I have now looked at her history and it seems Troika were influenced by her work and not the other way as I thought. many thanks Brid
ClaraIreland2
ClaraIreland2

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2014-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by LisaLan October 7th 2021, 1:49 pm

Could be a Bernard Rooke piece? No, you're right it is Pamela Nash
LisaLan
LisaLan

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2019-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots October 7th 2021, 4:17 pm

ClaraIreland2 wrote:Thank you so much Naomi. You are so knowledgeable as always. It is definitely by Pamela Nash. I have now looked at her history and it seems Troika were influenced by her work and not the other way as I thought. many thanks Brid
Alan Wallwork, Bernard Rooke, Pamela Nash (& her husband Ernest Collyer) were making this type of thing before Troika. It's difficult to be sure but I think Kenneth Clark, who ending up making tiles, but back in the late 50's/early 60's was an influential lecturer is Art Schools around London, was the source/inspiration.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 6724
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum