Help with Vallauris-style unmarked large platter - Poet laval or Vallauris?

3 posters

Go down

Help with Vallauris-style unmarked large platter - Poet laval or Vallauris? Empty Help with Vallauris-style unmarked large platter - Poet laval or Vallauris?

Post by kyliesss July 29th 2021, 9:35 pm

Hello :) I've bought an intense and very large mid-century platter - clearly Vallauris-inspired but no markings at all. I've bought a few of the touristic mass-produced pieces lately and they all have an impressed mark so it's making me wonder if it is Vallauris at all? Help here previously identified a pot I wasn't sure on as Poet Laval (thanks Tenpot!) ...not at all sure, but I thought this one might be from the same place?

Anyway, I've seen this exact type of plate for sale as Vallauris, but without any proof of that - so I want to be sure myself.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide! Happy Help with Vallauris-style unmarked large platter - Poet laval or Vallauris? 20210716
Help with Vallauris-style unmarked large platter - Poet laval or Vallauris? 20210717
Help with Vallauris-style unmarked large platter - Poet laval or Vallauris? 20210715

kyliesss
kyliesss

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2021-06-14

Back to top Go down

Help with Vallauris-style unmarked large platter - Poet laval or Vallauris? Empty Re: Help with Vallauris-style unmarked large platter - Poet laval or Vallauris?

Post by dantheman July 29th 2021, 10:24 pm

would have has a Vallauris sticker imo

dantheman
Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15028
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Help with Vallauris-style unmarked large platter - Poet laval or Vallauris? Empty Re: Help with Vallauris-style unmarked large platter - Poet laval or Vallauris?

Post by kyliesss July 29th 2021, 10:26 pm

Ah OK thank you! Is that quite common for a lot of these pieces? Just so I don't have to ask this type of question again... ;)
kyliesss
kyliesss

Back to top Go down

Post by kyliesss July 29th 2021, 10:28 pm

dantheman wrote:would have has a Vallauris sticker imo

Ah OK thank you! Is that quite common for a lot of these pieces? Just so I don't have to ask this type of question again... ;)
kyliesss
kyliesss

Back to top Go down

Post by tenpot July 30th 2021, 7:31 am

it is Vallauris
tenpot
tenpot

Male Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2008-06-07

http://aucoustier.blogspot.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post by kyliesss July 30th 2021, 8:24 am

tenpot wrote:it is Vallauris

OK thank you Tenpot! I'll take your (and Dantheman's) opinions to the bank because I know you know things 😆

Really appreciate your help!
kyliesss
kyliesss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum