Identify this Scandinavian sapphire blue cased glass vase

2 posters

Go down

Identify this Scandinavian sapphire blue cased glass vase Empty Identify this Scandinavian sapphire blue cased glass vase

Post by Pollos11 July 15th 2021, 3:12 pm

Hi everyone

I wonder if you could help identify this sapphire blue cased glass vase with a slightly curved or wavy form.

I’ve been told it’s Scandinavian and stands 20cm tall with a small ground/polished pontil mark.

Thanks for your help.

Paul

Identify this Scandinavian sapphire blue cased glass vase 38320810
Identify this Scandinavian sapphire blue cased glass vase 50781510
Identify this Scandinavian sapphire blue cased glass vase 48f5de10
Pollos11
Pollos11

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2018-06-29

Back to top Go down

Identify this Scandinavian sapphire blue cased glass vase Empty Re: Identify this Scandinavian sapphire blue cased glass vase

Post by Timo July 17th 2021, 12:35 pm

It's possible your vase was made in Sweden by Strombergshytan for the British import company Elfverson.
One of the leading lights in that company was H.J. Dunne Cooke who also had strong dealings with Whitefriars glass.
I'm only saying possibly because the picture in the catalogue gives a height for your vase 6''=150mm.
Is your vase heavy and thick walled?
Nice item of glass.
Tim
Timo
Timo

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2021-02-28

Back to top Go down

Identify this Scandinavian sapphire blue cased glass vase Empty Re: Identify this Scandinavian sapphire blue cased glass vase

Post by Pollos11 July 17th 2021, 2:02 pm

Hi Tim
Thank you very much for the detailed information!
The vase is heavy and thick walled, especially at the base. I’ll have a look into your information and see where it takes me.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Paul
Pollos11
Pollos11

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2018-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum