Studio slipware bowl, Francoise Dufayard

2 posters

Go down

Studio slipware bowl, Francoise Dufayard Empty Studio slipware bowl, Francoise Dufayard

Post by Silver Pete June 27th 2021, 5:18 am

I picked this up recently on a car boot sale. The signature is hard to read (aren't they all?), the impressed mark is a square with six or seven dots; Anyone know the maker? Thanks for your help!Studio slipware bowl, Francoise Dufayard P1130114
Studio slipware bowl, Francoise Dufayard P1130113
Studio slipware bowl, Francoise Dufayard P1130115
Silver Pete
Silver Pete

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2021-03-18

Back to top Go down

Studio slipware bowl, Francoise Dufayard Empty Re: Studio slipware bowl, Francoise Dufayard

Post by Silver Pete June 27th 2021, 5:20 am

Sorry, I forgot... You like to see my bottom! Came with a chip for 50p!Studio slipware bowl, Francoise Dufayard P1130116
Silver Pete
Silver Pete

Back to top Go down

Studio slipware bowl, Francoise Dufayard Empty Re: Studio slipware bowl, Francoise Dufayard

Post by BrandX June 27th 2021, 10:14 pm

Looks like Francoise Dufayard. Don't recall seeing one of her pieces with a stamp before, but the incised signature and glaze looks right.
BrandX
BrandX

Male Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Pete June 29th 2021, 8:55 am

Thanks for the name. I am on holiday at the moment so it will be looked up when I get back to the laptop.... my phone is rather limited...regards.
Silver Pete
Silver Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Pete July 3rd 2021, 6:29 am

BrandX wrote:Looks like Francoise Dufayard. Don't recall seeing one of her pieces with a stamp before, but the incised signature and glaze looks right.
Having had a look at her work I reckon you are spot on! Thanks for the name. Having looked at her site I found a bowl (sold), almost identical, complete with a visible stamp.  Clap
Silver Pete
Silver Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by BrandX July 3rd 2021, 11:19 pm

Actually, having since looked at a bowl or hers which I have, it does have the stamp; I'm sure an earlier piece which I sold on some time ago did not (only the incised signature).
BrandX
BrandX

Male Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum