Possible Bernard Rooke pewter brooch

2 posters

Go down

Possible Bernard Rooke pewter brooch Empty Possible Bernard Rooke pewter brooch

Post by Rochellewillow April 16th 2021, 8:55 am

Possible Bernard Rooke pewter brooch Image19
Possible Bernard Rooke pewter brooch Image18
Bought this yesterday from a collector of BR has anyone any ideas about this as not seen anything like it before.
Rochellewillow
Rochellewillow

Female Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2018-11-03

Back to top Go down

Possible Bernard Rooke pewter brooch Empty Re: Possible Bernard Rooke pewter brooch

Post by studio-pots April 16th 2021, 11:35 am

I have not heard of Bernard Rooke making jewellery and I did visit his place in Suffolk maybe 25 years ago. His showroom was vast and I don't remember any jewellery being there then. At that time he painted and his kids made to other stuff.

I knew Alan Wallwork very well for many years and back when Rooke rented a space from him in the 1960s in Greenwich no jewellery was made there.

To me, it doesn't really suggest his work in any case as the motifs, although vaguely similar, aren't typical of those on any pots that I know Rooke to have made.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7817
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Possible Bernard Rooke pewter brooch Empty Re: Possible Bernard Rooke pewter brooch

Post by Rochellewillow April 16th 2021, 3:39 pm

In the mid 70s he made Scandinavia style Viking ship ashtrays for a local department store in Suffolk. Just gets me thinking maybe as the BR Mark and what looks like a rooks head marks so similar to the pottery Mark script. Could be one of a very few as very rustic looking . Maybe he had a dabble?
Rochellewillow
Rochellewillow

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots April 16th 2021, 3:55 pm

I wasn't aware of the ashtrays so you could be right but it would need further investigation.

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochellewillow April 16th 2021, 6:09 pm

I am trying to see if I can go down to the studio I will take with me and see what information I can get
Rochellewillow
Rochellewillow

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots April 17th 2021, 5:40 pm

Most Excellent

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum