AD mark, ID help please, from Canada .

5 posters

Go down

AD mark, ID help please, from Canada . Empty AD mark, ID help please, from Canada .

Post by NewWestie March 27th 2021, 6:31 pm

Hello!  I have this vase and would like if someone could confirm it is Aldermaston pottery.  If it is, what is the name of the potter.  It is 6 1/2" tall and 5" wide at the widest part.  It is beautifully painted and unglazed.

AD mark, ID help please, from Canada . 20210311
AD mark, ID help please, from Canada . 20210310
AD mark, ID help please, from Canada . 20210312

I have no idea if I have done this correctly, and I do not know why they are sideways  Shrugs .  I would appreciate any help you can give me.  Thank you, from New Westminster, BC, Canada, and the name was decided by Queen Victoria.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Westminster#History

Vicki
NewWestie
NewWestie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-03-03

Back to top Go down

AD mark, ID help please, from Canada . Empty Re: AD mark, ID help please, from Canada .

Post by denbydump March 27th 2021, 6:39 pm

Definitely not Aldermaston unfortunately.

You pix are rather small, you need to choose 600 or 800 pixels width whem uploading.
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 7205
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

AD mark, ID help please, from Canada . Empty Re: AD mark, ID help please, from Canada .

Post by philpot March 27th 2021, 7:00 pm

Nothing in anyway like Aldermaston studio pottery founded by Alan Caiger Smith. It was earthenware, Tin glazed (a white glaze) with usually calligraphic decoration. You only have to Google it to see what it is like. The only resemblance is the use of an A.
As Denby says, it is actually difficult to tell anything much further from those photos.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6381
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM March 27th 2021, 9:19 pm

By Andersen Designs maybe?

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31419
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by NewWestie March 28th 2021, 12:33 am

NaomiM Thank you for your email. I might have missed something in the translation of ".......Just my personal opinion, take it or leave it.." but in Canada, that's a snarky comment.

Vicki
NewWestie
NewWestie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Timo March 28th 2021, 12:57 am

Vicki,in the Britiish parlence take it or leave it is very neutral.
stay with us.
Tim
Timo
Timo

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2021-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM March 28th 2021, 2:23 am

It’s been a footnote on every single one of my posts , pretty much since I joined the forum. It means people should not take my IDs as definitive. They are just my personal opinion (albeit based on my research and experience) and it’s up to the owner of the item to double check the attribution; wait for a consensus; or reject it. I sometimes get it wrong and I’m happy to be corrected.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31419
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum