Italian? Fratelli Fanciullacci? Unmarked piece - can anyone help?

3 posters

Go down

Italian?  Fratelli Fanciullacci?  Unmarked piece - can anyone help? Empty Italian? Fratelli Fanciullacci? Unmarked piece - can anyone help?

Post by seandux March 4th 2021, 3:04 pm

Hi.  Hope someone can help.  I bought this dish recently from a local auction in the North West of England, unmarked but I felt confident that it is mid-century Italian.  It measures 32 cm x 22 cm x 4 cm (L x W x D) and weighs just over 640 gms.  I can see what appears to be a reddish clay just beneath the foot rim (see detail image of rim) which according to Mark Hill's excellent book Alla Moda points towards Tuscany & possibly Florence but the book also points out that in Florence a whiteish clay was also used and the design and use of the textured mottled glaze also points towards Fanciullacci.

However this is all guuess work because of the absence of any identifying marks.

If anyone has any pointers etc and could give any help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Italian?  Fratelli Fanciullacci?  Unmarked piece - can anyone help? Italia15

Italian?  Fratelli Fanciullacci?  Unmarked piece - can anyone help? Italia17

Italian?  Fratelli Fanciullacci?  Unmarked piece - can anyone help? Italia14

Italian?  Fratelli Fanciullacci?  Unmarked piece - can anyone help? Italia19
seandux
seandux

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

Italian?  Fratelli Fanciullacci?  Unmarked piece - can anyone help? Empty Re: Italian? Fratelli Fanciullacci? Unmarked piece - can anyone help?

Post by MaxFactor March 9th 2021, 10:29 am

Hello,
I have seen that something similar was sold on etsy and it was mentioned there as Fratelli Fanciullacci work.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/650221387/stunning-italian-fratelli-fanciullacci?show_sold_out_detail=1&ref=nla_listing_details

Italian?  Fratelli Fanciullacci?  Unmarked piece - can anyone help? Il_79410

Italian?  Fratelli Fanciullacci?  Unmarked piece - can anyone help? Il_79411
MaxFactor
MaxFactor

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2021-02-23

Back to top Go down

Italian?  Fratelli Fanciullacci?  Unmarked piece - can anyone help? Empty Re: Italian? Fratelli Fanciullacci? Unmarked piece - can anyone help?

Post by seandux March 9th 2021, 11:57 am

Thanks for that - so I think I'm farly safe in saying Italian. Pity there's no FF on the etsy piece but it does give a good starting point. Much appreciated
seandux
seandux

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by jonspencer November 2nd 2021, 5:20 pm

the colours seem right and the texture

I recently picked an unmarked piece that proved to be FF

Italian?  Fratelli Fanciullacci?  Unmarked piece - can anyone help? Pxl_2138
Italian?  Fratelli Fanciullacci?  Unmarked piece - can anyone help? Pxl_2137
jonspencer
jonspencer

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2021-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by jonspencer November 2nd 2021, 5:21 pm

Italian?  Fratelli Fanciullacci?  Unmarked piece - can anyone help? Pxl_2140
jonspencer
jonspencer

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2021-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum