Bowl, NH mark - possibly Nancy Homer, St Agnes Pottery (Not Nic Harrison)

Go down

Bowl, NH mark - possibly Nancy Homer, St Agnes Pottery (Not Nic Harrison) Empty Bowl, NH mark - possibly Nancy Homer, St Agnes Pottery (Not Nic Harrison)

Post by hadfield January 22nd 2021, 10:41 am

Posted this bowl on ebay as nic harrisons as the mark to me looked very much in his style . Inherited a lot of studio pottery 90% of which i struggle to identify.

If anyone recognises this please let me know.Bowl, NH mark - possibly Nancy Homer, St Agnes Pottery (Not Nic Harrison) Nic_ha10
Bowl, NH mark - possibly Nancy Homer, St Agnes Pottery (Not Nic Harrison) Nic_ha11
hadfield
hadfield

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2020-06-19

Back to top Go down

Bowl, NH mark - possibly Nancy Homer, St Agnes Pottery (Not Nic Harrison) Empty Re: Bowl, NH mark - possibly Nancy Homer, St Agnes Pottery (Not Nic Harrison)

Post by hadfield January 25th 2021, 3:11 pm

Do you think it is nic harrisons or another potter, whoever did it its good quality
hadfield
hadfield

Back to top Go down

Bowl, NH mark - possibly Nancy Homer, St Agnes Pottery (Not Nic Harrison) Empty Re: Bowl, NH mark - possibly Nancy Homer, St Agnes Pottery (Not Nic Harrison)

Post by NaomiM January 25th 2021, 3:26 pm

It doesnt match any of the marks I have for Nic Harrison. The closest NH in the Marks book is A&N Homer, St Agnes pottery, but they were earthenware and this is stoneware

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by hadfield January 25th 2021, 3:38 pm

Your knowledge is amazing thank for your comments
hadfield
hadfield

Back to top Go down

Post by carolalev January 25th 2021, 3:49 pm

Could it be NA rather than H? The tops curl inwards...
carolalev
carolalev

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2019-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by denbydump January 25th 2021, 4:06 pm

N f J even
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 5477
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Post by hadfield January 28th 2021, 9:59 am

Thanks for your ideas i have tried to find the potter in all those letter modes ..no joy yet
hadfield
hadfield

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots January 28th 2021, 11:13 am

Although I can't see the foot, the bowl looks to be 1960s/70s and so if the mark isn't recorded, which it appears it isn't, then it is very likely to take a long time finding out who made it, if at all.

It is really going to rely on someone that has a pot with the same mark knowing for certain who it is by.

I suppose all that you do know is that it is a pleasant bowl but not by anyone famous.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 6355
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM January 31st 2021, 6:46 pm

Similar to N Homer’s mark in the book

Bowl, NH mark - possibly Nancy Homer, St Agnes Pottery (Not Nic Harrison) 6f6e3610

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by hadfield February 2nd 2021, 6:22 pm

Hi Noami
Great detective work. Seems the Homer family were of note back in the 1950s. Nancy L Homer wife i think of N Homer was also a potter at st agnes pottery plus a good watercolour artist with her work in the st agnes museum. Point is her signature on her paintings was exactly the same as the one on my bowl but with a "L" in the middle. A family style i presume. Finding difficult to find much history on N Homer but he ran the pottery 1953 to 1957. Obviously a potter but cannot find any work of his to compare with.
hadfield
hadfield

Back to top Go down

Post by hadfield February 5th 2021, 8:14 pm

How dim am i its obvious the bowl is by Nancy Homer. I was confused by the mark she put on her paintings which had an extra letter representing her middle name i assume.
hadfield
hadfield

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM February 5th 2021, 8:22 pm

A couple of problems. Yous is stoneware, not earthenware. And your mark is a round stamp, but the example in the book is a square one. But it does look like the right era.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by hadfield February 5th 2021, 8:26 pm

Your book reference Naomi and the painting i saw are very similar to the bowls mark. I am sure its correct. Been an interesting search and thanks for your help.
hadfield
hadfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum