LARGE STUDIO POTTERY CHARGER BOWL UNUSUAL HANDPAINTED BLUE FLOWER PATTERN

Go down

LARGE STUDIO POTTERY CHARGER BOWL UNUSUAL HANDPAINTED BLUE FLOWER PATTERN Empty LARGE STUDIO POTTERY CHARGER BOWL UNUSUAL HANDPAINTED BLUE FLOWER PATTERN

Post by Leach54321 on November 6th 2020, 5:15 pm

This is a very large studio pottery bowl with a distinctive handpainted blue flower pattern.  Unfortunately the bowl is unmarked so a bit of a longshot to identify but I am hoping perhaps someone recognises the pattern perhaps?

LARGE STUDIO POTTERY CHARGER BOWL UNUSUAL HANDPAINTED BLUE FLOWER PATTERN Img_5812
LARGE STUDIO POTTERY CHARGER BOWL UNUSUAL HANDPAINTED BLUE FLOWER PATTERN Img_5813
Leach54321
Leach54321

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2018-03-19

Back to top Go down

LARGE STUDIO POTTERY CHARGER BOWL UNUSUAL HANDPAINTED BLUE FLOWER PATTERN Empty Re: LARGE STUDIO POTTERY CHARGER BOWL UNUSUAL HANDPAINTED BLUE FLOWER PATTERN

Post by NaomiM on November 6th 2020, 6:35 pm

Please add a base photo. Even with no marks, half the info is on the other side

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 22691
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

LARGE STUDIO POTTERY CHARGER BOWL UNUSUAL HANDPAINTED BLUE FLOWER PATTERN Empty Re: LARGE STUDIO POTTERY CHARGER BOWL UNUSUAL HANDPAINTED BLUE FLOWER PATTERN

Post by Leach54321 on November 8th 2020, 6:49 pm

No problem - here is a photo of the base.

LARGE STUDIO POTTERY CHARGER BOWL UNUSUAL HANDPAINTED BLUE FLOWER PATTERN Img_5814
Leach54321
Leach54321

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM on November 8th 2020, 7:51 pm

Cheers . The black spots seem to be in the glaze rather than the clay. I was expecting it to be French because of the spotting, caused by impurities in the clay, but less likely to be if the spots are in the glaze instead

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 22691
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Grumpy Grandad on November 9th 2020, 1:48 am

The blue shade is similar to the commonly-seen decoration on Westerwald pots, and while I don't think it's a WW piece the colour of the heavily speckled glaze reminds me of another German manufacturer*, Massemuhle Wagner.
There's an old post here with a Massemuhle plate:
https://www.20thcenturyforum.com/t7226-massemohle-wagner-owl-plate?highlight=Massemohle

*Although Westerwald is an area rather than a manufacturer, I think.
Grumpy Grandad
Grumpy Grandad

Number of posts : 743
Registration date : 2019-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Leach54321 on November 9th 2020, 10:44 am

Thank you I will check this out further.
Leach54321
Leach54321

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum