Earthenware jug, impressed PL or LP mark - Lotus Pottery

Go down

Earthenware jug, impressed PL or LP mark - Lotus Pottery  Empty Earthenware jug, impressed PL or LP mark - Lotus Pottery

Post by abstract toad on September 13th 2020, 9:55 am

Earthenware jug for ID please. Impressed PL mark. Many thanks 👍Earthenware jug, impressed PL or LP mark - Lotus Pottery  Img_2101
Earthenware jug, impressed PL or LP mark - Lotus Pottery  Img_2100
Earthenware jug, impressed PL or LP mark - Lotus Pottery  Img_2102
abstract toad
abstract toad

Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2018-06-01

Back to top Go down

Earthenware jug, impressed PL or LP mark - Lotus Pottery  Empty Re: Earthenware jug, impressed PL or LP mark - Lotus Pottery

Post by denbydump on September 13th 2020, 9:59 am

denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 5218
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Earthenware jug, impressed PL or LP mark - Lotus Pottery  Empty Re: Earthenware jug, impressed PL or LP mark - Lotus Pottery

Post by abstract toad on September 13th 2020, 10:04 am

Thanks Denby 👍. I thought it familiar and now you mention it I recall a large old green floral ashtray my late mother had with the Lotus mark, though I believe that had a couple of dots in the mark. I'll have a look at your link, thanks again.
abstract toad
abstract toad

Back to top Go down

Post by abstract toad on September 13th 2020, 10:12 am

Yes, I think your right. I am surprised, whilst I recognised the mark I would never have connected this with the piece that she owned. I believe the dots on this are too feint to be seen, the stamp was lightly applied.
abstract toad
abstract toad

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot on September 13th 2020, 12:44 pm

Stoke Gabriel near Totnes. They actually did quite a wide range of pottery apart from the ubiquitous Green stuff. Bang in the middle of a tourist area when people still holidayed in this country exstensively. You produced what sold to the tourists, and tried a good deal of things.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 3317
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by abstract toad on September 13th 2020, 1:15 pm

I had to Google ubiquitous lol. She bought it back in the day when it was being churned out. We had many a holiday in Devon and Cornwall, I couldn't have cared less about studio pottery back then, funny how I've changed.
abstract toad
abstract toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum