Studio Pottery Bowl - Singing in the Rain Lyrics - by Margaret Brampton

Go down

Studio Pottery Bowl - Singing in the Rain Lyrics - by Margaret Brampton Empty Studio Pottery Bowl - Singing in the Rain Lyrics - by Margaret Brampton

Post by andynpton on September 11th 2020, 4:36 pm

Can anyone assist in identifying the potter/studio. No marks whatsoever on reverse, but lovely quality, with a border of part lyrics to “Singing in the Rain”

Studio Pottery Bowl - Singing in the Rain Lyrics - by Margaret Brampton Image15
andynpton
andynpton

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2020-09-09

Back to top Go down

Studio Pottery Bowl - Singing in the Rain Lyrics - by Margaret Brampton Empty Re: Studio Pottery Bowl - Singing in the Rain Lyrics - by Margaret Brampton

Post by philpot on September 11th 2020, 5:20 pm

A photo of the back is important. It sometimes reveals the maker's style, type of clay used etc. Singing in the Rain was a Big early 50's film musical, so maybe this one is from that period.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 3449
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Studio Pottery Bowl - Singing in the Rain Lyrics - by Margaret Brampton Empty Re: Studio Pottery Bowl - Singing in the Rain Lyrics - by Margaret Brampton

Post by andynpton on September 11th 2020, 6:25 pm

Studio Pottery Bowl - Singing in the Rain Lyrics - by Margaret Brampton Image17
andynpton
andynpton

Back to top Go down

Post by andynpton on September 11th 2020, 6:27 pm

Thanks for the helpful suggestion. Reverse now added. It does seem fairly modern?
andynpton
andynpton

Back to top Go down

Post by parmaviolets on September 11th 2020, 10:17 pm

Could it be by Margaret Brampton? It reminds me of her style
parmaviolets
parmaviolets

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2017-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by andynpton on September 11th 2020, 11:36 pm

Many thanks! I’ve just looked at a variety of her work, and yes I’d say that’s pretty conclusive! I really appreciate your help and the speed of assistance. Regards Andrew
andynpton
andynpton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum