Coffee pot and sugar bowl, 20thC Japanese Kutani ware

Go down

Coffee pot and sugar bowl, 20thC Japanese Kutani ware  Empty Coffee pot and sugar bowl, 20thC Japanese Kutani ware

Post by Ejp on August 31st 2020, 3:33 pm

Hi, I am wondering if anyone might know more about this coffee pot and sugar bowl? They are likely to go to the charity shop but I'd just like to know more about them. Thanks.Coffee pot and sugar bowl, 20thC Japanese Kutani ware  Img_2016Coffee pot and sugar bowl, 20thC Japanese Kutani ware  Img_2018

Last edited by Ejp on August 31st 2020, 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ejp
Ejp

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2020-08-31

Back to top Go down

Coffee pot and sugar bowl, 20thC Japanese Kutani ware  Empty Re: Coffee pot and sugar bowl, 20thC Japanese Kutani ware

Post by denbydump on August 31st 2020, 3:43 pm

Japanese Kutani ware
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Coffee pot and sugar bowl, 20thC Japanese Kutani ware  Empty Re: Coffee pot and sugar bowl, 20thC Japanese Kutani ware

Post by Ejp on August 31st 2020, 3:51 pm

Thanks a lot. Is this plate also Kutani? I know nothing about them. Coffee pot and sugar bowl, 20thC Japanese Kutani ware  Img_2020
Coffee pot and sugar bowl, 20thC Japanese Kutani ware  Img_2021
Ejp
Ejp

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM on August 31st 2020, 3:56 pm

Early to mid 20thC. It became a bit of a production line with the decoration being outsourced to villagers and the quality going down hill to the point where they used transfer prints which the decorators just coloured in.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 22256
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ejp on August 31st 2020, 4:08 pm

Thanks Naomi. Do you mean the plate or the coffee pot and sugar bowl? I've confused things by posting more than one item!  I presume the attached examples are similar age and the same principle of potentially a transfer. Thanks for all your help.Coffee pot and sugar bowl, 20thC Japanese Kutani ware  Img_2022
Coffee pot and sugar bowl, 20thC Japanese Kutani ware  Img_2023
Ejp
Ejp

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM on August 31st 2020, 4:47 pm

I think they are all kutani ware so it's safe to leave them on the same thread. If it proves otherwise then I'll split the thread and move the plates into the Id My Pottery section.
If you check out Geisha ware porcelain you'll see the transfer printed examples

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 22256
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum