Mystery Paperweight with head - possibly Nybro, Sweden

3 posters

Go down

Mystery Paperweight with head - possibly Nybro, Sweden  Empty Mystery Paperweight with head - possibly Nybro, Sweden

Post by JAF86 May 23rd 2020, 10:58 pm

Picked up this unmarked paperweight today and it has me stumped.Mystery Paperweight with head - possibly Nybro, Sweden  Img_2012
Mystery Paperweight with head - possibly Nybro, Sweden  Img_2013
JAF86
JAF86

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2020-03-24

Back to top Go down

Mystery Paperweight with head - possibly Nybro, Sweden  Empty Re: Mystery Paperweight with head - possibly Nybro, Sweden

Post by Grumpy Grandad May 24th 2020, 1:26 am

Are you sure it isn't marked? I'm sure I can see two sets of letters on the left side in the bottom pic, but it''s too out of focus to read. They appear hand-engraved so maybe rubbing a little talc or fine flour into them might highlight them.
Grumpy Grandad
Grumpy Grandad

Number of posts : 867
Registration date : 2019-11-11

Back to top Go down

Mystery Paperweight with head - possibly Nybro, Sweden  Empty Re: Mystery Paperweight with head - possibly Nybro, Sweden

Post by JAF86 May 24th 2020, 1:39 am

I can see that the picture looks that way, but I think it's just the way the light is catching it.
JAF86
JAF86

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2020-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by 22 Crawford St. May 24th 2020, 1:06 pm

NYBRO glass looks very similar. Sweden

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xnybro+glass.TRS0&_nkw=nybro+glass&_sacat=0
22 Crawford St.
22 Crawford St.

Male Number of posts : 5607
Registration date : 2009-12-19

http://www.briglin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum