Two unidentified ceramic bowls - can somebody please help me to identify?

Go down

Two unidentified ceramic bowls - can somebody please help me to identify? Empty Two unidentified ceramic bowls - can somebody please help me to identify?

Post by Beege on May 7th 2020, 10:06 am

Good morning all.
I hope you are all coping with the strange incarceration in which we find ourselves.
The images below are of a small bowl, approximately 3" diameter. I have another which is slightly smaller, approximately 2" diameter. The design and shape suggests to me these may be Japanese, but I'm afraid there are no indications of a maker. Can anybody please help with identifying this bowl?
Thank you.
Jack

Two unidentified ceramic bowls - can somebody please help me to identify? V_po1_10
Two unidentified ceramic bowls - can somebody please help me to identify? V_po1_11
Beege
Beege

Male Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2017-08-23

Back to top Go down

Two unidentified ceramic bowls - can somebody please help me to identify? Empty Re: Two unidentified ceramic bowls - can somebody please help me to identify?

Post by NaomiM on May 7th 2020, 10:44 am

Japanese seems likely. The incised tick might be the mark.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 21771
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Two unidentified ceramic bowls - can somebody please help me to identify? Empty Re: Two unidentified ceramic bowls - can somebody please help me to identify?

Post by Beege on May 11th 2020, 5:13 pm

Thank you Naomi.
I have posted the same bowl on the Asian forum to see whether anyone can identify it to a specific Japanese artist, but so far without a response.
Your views are, as always, helpful...thanks you.
Beege
Beege

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots on May 12th 2020, 2:16 pm

I agree with everything that Naomi has written, including the tick. They are not is any specific area style of Japanese pottery and so I suspect the chances of being able to get a definitive identification of who made them is only going to happen if the actual potter saw the images.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 5988
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM on May 12th 2020, 8:47 pm

Looks like a white Buncheong slip-type glaze, which might even point to it being modern Korean studio ware

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 21771
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Beege on May 12th 2020, 11:37 pm

Thank you studio-pots and Naomi, this is useful. I was unaware of Buncheong slipware and will 'look some up'.
Many thanks
Beege
Beege

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum