Blue pottery vase about 13cms high with clear mark

Go down

Blue pottery vase about 13cms high with clear mark Empty Blue pottery vase about 13cms high with clear mark

Post by sukraine on April 10th 2020, 5:28 pm

Although this pot has a clear mark, I don't seem to be able to identify it. It's about 13cms high and 10cms wide, nice blue glazeBlue pottery vase about 13cms high with clear mark Img_2077
Blue pottery vase about 13cms high with clear mark Img_2076
Blue pottery vase about 13cms high with clear mark Img_2078
sukraine
sukraine

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2015-05-17

Back to top Go down

Blue pottery vase about 13cms high with clear mark Empty Re: Blue pottery vase about 13cms high with clear mark

Post by philpot on April 10th 2020, 5:54 pm

Might well be Howard Evans, who has a simllar looking HE mark. Potted at Clare pottery Suffolk 1968-83. Studio pottery often stays local, where did you find it?
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 3308
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Blue pottery vase about 13cms high with clear mark Empty Re: Blue pottery vase about 13cms high with clear mark

Post by sukraine on April 10th 2020, 5:56 pm

That would fit as I acquired it in Colchester, just down the road across the Essex/Suffolk border, amongst a collection of pots, some made by the collector and some I'm still trying to identify the others, including this one.
sukraine
sukraine

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2015-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM on April 10th 2020, 7:41 pm

Could well be his; there aren't many of his pieces around and there are some keen collectors for them.
Howard Evans was Bob Dawe's partner when they set up Red Barn Pottery but after a few years he set up his own studio

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 22242
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum