Could this Wedgwood be very old or am I looking at the marks wrong?

Go down

Could this Wedgwood be very old or am I looking at the marks wrong? Empty Could this Wedgwood be very old or am I looking at the marks wrong?

Post by Louis in NW on February 9th 2020, 2:40 am

I received this piece from my grandmother and have no other knowledge about it..  It has a "30" on the back and I am interpreting that as being from the early 1900's.  But obviously I am new to this area and am probably mistaken.  Any ideas opinions or help would
be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!.

Could this Wedgwood be very old or am I looking at the marks wrong? 20200214

Could this Wedgwood be very old or am I looking at the marks wrong? 20200218

Could this Wedgwood be very old or am I looking at the marks wrong? 20200219
Louis in NW
Louis in NW

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2020-02-08

Back to top Go down

Could this Wedgwood be very old or am I looking at the marks wrong? Empty Re: Could this Wedgwood be very old or am I looking at the marks wrong?

Post by denbydump on February 9th 2020, 7:46 am

Yes it's "blue dip", early 20thC.
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 5233
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Could this Wedgwood be very old or am I looking at the marks wrong? Empty Re: Could this Wedgwood be very old or am I looking at the marks wrong?

Post by tigerchips on February 9th 2020, 2:39 pm

1930 if that's a date mark.
tigerchips
tigerchips

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2017-06-21

Back to top Go down

Could this Wedgwood be very old or am I looking at the marks wrong? Empty Next step-- appraisal ?

Post by Louis in NW on February 11th 2020, 7:30 pm

The teapot is in really great shape, and surprises me that it may be so old.   I wonder if any members of this forum might know of a reputable appraiser/expert that I might contact for further research??  thanks
Louis in NW
Louis in NW

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2020-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot on February 11th 2020, 8:17 pm

Your best bet is to look at SOLD wedgwood pieces on Ebay. Unfortunately however, just because a piece is old, does not mean  that it is valuable. Wedgwood was produced in very large quantities, and is somewhat unfashionable nowadays. There 88,000 seperate sales of Wedgwood pieces on Ebay alone.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 3335
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum