Pair of small bird figurines - Jorge Wilmot, Tonala Mexico

Go down

Pair of small bird figurines - Jorge Wilmot, Tonala Mexico  Empty Pair of small bird figurines - Jorge Wilmot, Tonala Mexico

Post by hdm1950 on January 25th 2020, 6:29 pm

These little guys stand 1 5/8 inches tall. The mark looks like an underlined W. it seems familiar to me. I was thinking possibly Mexican but the clay seems wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Pair of small bird figurines - Jorge Wilmot, Tonala Mexico  Januar13
Pair of small bird figurines - Jorge Wilmot, Tonala Mexico  Januar14[/Pair of small bird figurines - Jorge Wilmot, Tonala Mexico  Januar16
hdm1950
hdm1950

Male Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Pair of small bird figurines - Jorge Wilmot, Tonala Mexico  Empty Re: Pair of small bird figurines - Jorge Wilmot, Tonala Mexico

Post by NaomiM on January 25th 2020, 6:35 pm

Tonala stoneware from Mexico

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 21766
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Pair of small bird figurines - Jorge Wilmot, Tonala Mexico  Empty Re: Pair of small bird figurines - Jorge Wilmot, Tonala Mexico

Post by hdm1950 on January 25th 2020, 6:42 pm

You may be right. I had looked at a lot of Tonala thinking that it may be theirs but had not found anything quite like them. I suspect the W is the artist mark. Thanks for the quick reply.
hdm1950
hdm1950

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM on January 25th 2020, 7:56 pm

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 21766
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by hdm1950 on January 25th 2020, 9:18 pm

Thanks NaomiM for helping me. I knew it looked familiar.
hdm1950
hdm1950

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum