8 Stoke Gabriel Lotus Pottery mini Planter Pot Holder what are the numbers?

Go down

8 Stoke Gabriel Lotus Pottery mini Planter Pot Holder what are the numbers? Empty 8 Stoke Gabriel Lotus Pottery mini Planter Pot Holder what are the numbers?

Post by RVsaid on January 21st 2020, 6:15 pm

Hi

A sample of 8 small plant pots I was excited to find today.

Lotus Pottery, Stoke Gabriel local to me.

Some are stamped with the LP mark, some are a little wonky. And not all with drainage holes.

I love them and all are new to me.

Some have painted numbers, some marker pen and some impressed numbers. Would these be test firing batch numbers is my question as they don't seem to exist as majorly produced ranges in related searching. Sure prone to be broken from use but there should be others around.

Thanks

8 Stoke Gabriel Lotus Pottery mini Planter Pot Holder what are the numbers? Fullsi12
8 Stoke Gabriel Lotus Pottery mini Planter Pot Holder what are the numbers? Fullsi13
8 Stoke Gabriel Lotus Pottery mini Planter Pot Holder what are the numbers? Fullsi14
8 Stoke Gabriel Lotus Pottery mini Planter Pot Holder what are the numbers? Fullsi15
8 Stoke Gabriel Lotus Pottery mini Planter Pot Holder what are the numbers? Fullsi16
RVsaid
RVsaid

Number of posts : 1406
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Back to top Go down

8 Stoke Gabriel Lotus Pottery mini Planter Pot Holder what are the numbers? Empty Re: 8 Stoke Gabriel Lotus Pottery mini Planter Pot Holder what are the numbers?

Post by philpot on January 21st 2020, 6:36 pm

Could be lots of things.Often marks on studio pottery are glaze codes. Probably not in this case tho. Probably entirely arbitrary personal or technical reasons that were entirely to help the potter. That is it with studio pottery of course, it is entirely pwrsonal. That being a lot of its charm.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 2726
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

8 Stoke Gabriel Lotus Pottery mini Planter Pot Holder what are the numbers? Empty Re: 8 Stoke Gabriel Lotus Pottery mini Planter Pot Holder what are the numbers?

Post by RVsaid on January 21st 2020, 7:03 pm

Thanks Phil. It was my leaning that they were to help the potter/s myself.

I have to admit I think I will keep some and especially the wonky ones, it's so personal of the process of a pottery.

RVsaid
RVsaid

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM on January 21st 2020, 7:04 pm

I think glaze or batch test is most likely

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 20997
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RVsaid on January 21st 2020, 7:18 pm

Yup sounds right. I adore these pieces Naomi. Love of pottery is an odd thing but these talk to me
RVsaid
RVsaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum