Mid Century Clay Figurines - Margit Kovacs style, Hungary

Go down

Mid Century Clay Figurines - Margit Kovacs style, Hungary  Empty Mid Century Clay Figurines - Margit Kovacs style, Hungary

Post by santacruzmidcentury on January 17th 2020, 4:29 pm

Hello Everyone--

First off, this is a fantastic resource! As a mid century enthusiast, I'm often trying to identify all kinds of things. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this community.

I have a pair of clay figurines and am hoping that someone recognizes the stamp. I wasn't sure which direction is up or down, so I photographed the stamp both directions.

The figurines seem old. They are 7 inches tall. On the bottom of each were a plain white sticker (not a label) with the handwritten number, "1/58". I wasn't sure if this was a date, a scale size, a numbered edition. And under this sticker was the stamp. There's something vaguely mid century about the figurines, but this could definitely my own bias.

Mid Century Clay Figurines - Margit Kovacs style, Hungary  Img_0412
Mid Century Clay Figurines - Margit Kovacs style, Hungary  Img_0411
Mid Century Clay Figurines - Margit Kovacs style, Hungary  Img_0410

Any help/insight on these would be great appreciated!
santacruzmidcentury
santacruzmidcentury

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2020-01-17

Back to top Go down

Mid Century Clay Figurines - Margit Kovacs style, Hungary  Empty Re: Mid Century Clay Figurines - Margit Kovacs style, Hungary

Post by dantheman on January 17th 2020, 5:25 pm

in the style of Margit Kovacs
Made in Hungary

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 14287
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Mid Century Clay Figurines - Margit Kovacs style, Hungary  Empty Re: Mid Century Clay Figurines - Margit Kovacs style, Hungary

Post by dantheman on January 17th 2020, 5:28 pm

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 14287
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by santacruzmidcentury on January 17th 2020, 6:34 pm

dantheman! You are indeed as your name indicates. Thanks so much for this, as well as the thread link. I'm pretty happy with this thrift store find!
santacruzmidcentury
santacruzmidcentury

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2020-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum