Winchcombe Pie Crust Rim slipware 14cm dish. AH potter’s mark?

Go down

Winchcombe Pie Crust Rim slipware 14cm dish. AH potter’s mark? Empty Winchcombe Pie Crust Rim slipware 14cm dish. AH potter’s mark?

Post by rhiwfield on Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:54 pm

Impressed A.H I think, who is the potter and is it definitely Winchcombe?  Found with an interesting collection of vintage studio pottery, more of which later

Winchcombe Pie Crust Rim slipware 14cm dish. AH potter’s mark? ELl08HHWoAM3Qpy?format=jpg&name=900x900
Winchcombe Pie Crust Rim slipware 14cm dish. AH potter’s mark? ELl08HKXsAAa4Rz?format=jpg&name=900x900
Winchcombe Pie Crust Rim slipware 14cm dish. AH potter’s mark? ELl08HPWkAE7Duk?format=jpg&name=900x900
rhiwfield
rhiwfield

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-11-18

https://www.penllyncollectables.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Winchcombe Pie Crust Rim slipware 14cm dish. AH potter’s mark? Empty Re: Winchcombe Pie Crust Rim slipware 14cm dish. AH potter’s mark?

Post by philpot on Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:53 pm

Definitely Winchcombe. They stopped making earthenware in 1964, which makes it relatively early. As for the AH. Not one of the usual potters marks of those years. Not one I have seen before. Interesting. 4/6 is the equivalent of 22.5 pence.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Winchcombe Pie Crust Rim slipware 14cm dish. AH potter’s mark? Empty Re: Winchcombe Pie Crust Rim slipware 14cm dish. AH potter’s mark?

Post by rhiwfield on Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:14 pm

philpot wrote:Definitely Winchcombe. They stopped making earthenware in 1964, which makes it relatively early. As for the AH. Not one of the usual potters marks of those years. Not one I have seen before. Interesting. 4/6 is the equivalent of 22.5 pence.

Many thanks, I'd realised it was pre decimal date but didn't realize they stopped using earthenware in 1964.
rhiwfield
rhiwfield

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-11-18

https://www.penllyncollectables.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM on Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:49 pm

Interesting . I found a similar one by Chris Harris before he set up Coldstone etc, so that would date it to around the 50s. And another one here with just a Winchcombe stamp

Winchcombe Pie Crust Rim slipware 14cm dish. AH potter’s mark? C91cc410

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 21767
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum