Warren Pottery ashtray pitcher apprentice signed red clay

Go down

Warren Pottery ashtray pitcher apprentice signed red clay  Empty Warren Pottery ashtray pitcher apprentice signed red clay

Post by Speechtx5 on August 27th 2019, 4:04 am

I have 2 pieces of pottery that are signed Warren.  One piece is signed  "apprentice" with Warren and another name on the bottom.  Any information would be appreciated.
Warren Pottery ashtray pitcher apprentice signed red clay  Warren13

Warren Pottery ashtray pitcher apprentice signed red clay  Warren14
Speechtx5
Speechtx5

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2018-10-27

Back to top Go down

Warren Pottery ashtray pitcher apprentice signed red clay  Empty Re: Warren Pottery ashtray pitcher apprentice signed red clay

Post by philpot on August 27th 2019, 6:52 am

The clay and the style looks somewhat like the Hastings pottery of Dennis Lucas, which in various entities ran from 1956 to 1995. They concentrated on small items for the Gift trade, and their work was ubiquitous in Boot Fairs some years ago. This looks looks like gift trade ware. Their production was fairly significant, so they probably employed a number of potters. If it is not Hastings, then it is from a similar type of pottery.
However, if 'Warren' is a Christian name, then your chances of finding out exactly who he was are probably fairly remote, as apprentices did come and go in this type of pottery, with no records as who they were,
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 2624
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Warren Pottery ashtray pitcher apprentice signed red clay  Empty Re: Warren Pottery ashtray pitcher apprentice signed red clay

Post by NaomiM on August 27th 2019, 10:28 am

As you’re based in the US it’s very unlikely it’s by Hastings Pottery which is a U.K. pottery. I’m afraid I don’t recognise the name, and the first signature looks like it’s stamped on a molded base. The signatures are so similar I wonder if they are a company stamp rather than studio ware.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 20647
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by hercules brabazon on August 29th 2019, 2:20 pm

I found another one online with "S.A." in a circle incised under the Warren"
hercules brabazon
hercules brabazon

Male Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum