MCM or Postmodern Slab Built Pottery Dish-Unmarked?

Go down

MCM or Postmodern Slab Built Pottery Dish-Unmarked? Empty MCM or Postmodern Slab Built Pottery Dish-Unmarked?

Post by finders9 July 12th 2019, 8:11 pm

I would welcome comments from viewers on the recent acquisition shown in the photos.  I would describe the style/technique as "Mid Century Modern" but it could be significantly later.  I believe the photographs serve as adequate description other than to note that it measures approximately 13" long.  Matte ground with high gloss/enamel slip.  I find this piece exceptionally sophisticated in both design and execution so am surprised that it is not signed?  Of course it may well have had a label attached.  In my opinion it suggests a Japanese origin, but could also be imitative - specifically, and in the event not visible in the photos, the imagery in the blocks - hummingbird, moth, heron as well as use of the technique (the term fails me) of impressed fiber to give texture.   Again, would greatly appreciate opinions particularly regarding the possible/likely origin of this piece.  ThanksMCM or Postmodern Slab Built Pottery Dish-Unmarked? Img_2030
MCM or Postmodern Slab Built Pottery Dish-Unmarked? Img_2028
MCM or Postmodern Slab Built Pottery Dish-Unmarked? Img_2029
finders9
finders9

Female Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2014-09-21

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum