DEVICA design, Vianagres, or Gres de Viana, Portugal

2 posters

Go down

DEVICA design, Vianagres, or Gres de Viana, Portugal  Empty DEVICA design, Vianagres, or Gres de Viana, Portugal

Post by GeorgeG June 24th 2019, 12:28 am

I just picked this up at a garage sale.  I believe it's stoneware, maybe a salt glaze.   There are three marks on the bottom, one of which says, I believe, "MADE IN PORTUGAL".   The other two I can't decipher.  I'm curious if anyone recognizes them.   Thanks.  

DEVICA design, Vianagres, or Gres de Viana, Portugal  Fullsi12
 DEVICA design, Vianagres, or Gres de Viana, Portugal  Fullsi10
 DEVICA design, Vianagres, or Gres de Viana, Portugal  Fullsi11
GeorgeG
GeorgeG

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2013-08-29

Back to top Go down

DEVICA design, Vianagres, or Gres de Viana, Portugal  Empty Re: DEVICA design, Vianagres, or Gres de Viana, Portugal

Post by janetpjohn June 24th 2019, 2:03 pm

One of the rare times an image search was helpful--it says Devica.
janetpjohn
janetpjohn

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2015-03-16

Back to top Go down

DEVICA design, Vianagres, or Gres de Viana, Portugal  Empty Re: DEVICA design, Vianagres, or Gres de Viana, Portugal

Post by GeorgeG June 25th 2019, 12:09 am

Thank you so much. It looks like the company, Vianagres, is still in business and that the piece was from the 1980s. I think DEVICA was the design line for Vianagres, or Gres de Viana. I learned that "gres" is Portuguese for "stoneware" and that Viana is a region north of Porto, on the western coast of Portugal.
GeorgeG
GeorgeG

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2013-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum