Large lime green Urn shaped ceramic vases

Go down

Large lime green Urn shaped ceramic vases Empty Large lime green Urn shaped ceramic vases

Post by Pepperpotts on May 26th 2019, 11:33 am

The pair measure approx 32cm high and in excellent condition. Glaze has a fine crackle but don't know if this is intentional. It is darker in places where they may have been handled. In certain lights there is a slight iridescence to the surface. Little speckles of blue in the glaze with tiny pimples where a glaze bubble might have burst. Heavyweight and I think stoneware. Even wear to the bottoms, just dirty. No marks anywhere that I can see. Bought them because of the fabulous colour in a charity shop. Any info, even if it's just country of origin would be fab. Not been able to find anything similar 😀Large lime green Urn shaped ceramic vases Img_2014
Large lime green Urn shaped ceramic vases Img_2015
Large lime green Urn shaped ceramic vases Img_2013Large lime green Urn shaped ceramic vases Img_2014
Large lime green Urn shaped ceramic vases Img_2015
Large lime green Urn shaped ceramic vases Img_2013
Pepperpotts
Pepperpotts

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2019-05-25

Back to top Go down

Large lime green Urn shaped ceramic vases Empty Re: Large lime green Urn shaped ceramic vases

Post by NaomiM on May 26th 2019, 12:01 pm

They look like modern Chinese decorator’s vases, but photos of the bases are important to check clay and method of manufacture

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 20473
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Large lime green Urn shaped ceramic vases Empty Re: Large lime green Urn shaped ceramic vases

Post by Pepperpotts on May 26th 2019, 2:37 pm

I had thought Chinese, but the Urn shape didn't seem quite right. I will put up photos of the base when I get back home. Don't mind if they are modern. Just fell in love with them 😊
Pepperpotts
Pepperpotts

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM on May 26th 2019, 2:41 pm

They are nice Excellent
Thai Celadon is also possible

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 20473
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepperpotts on May 26th 2019, 7:13 pm

Here are the bottoms of bothLarge lime green Urn shaped ceramic vases 15588910
Large lime green Urn shaped ceramic vases 15588911
Pepperpotts
Pepperpotts

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepperpotts on May 26th 2019, 7:15 pm

Large lime green Urn shaped ceramic vases Img_2016
Pepperpotts
Pepperpotts

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordeep on May 28th 2019, 4:18 am

Looks Japanese early 20th century. The deep base and pie crust top I have seen a lot. Most are heavily decorated but nice to see a single colour one.
Mordeep
Mordeep

Male Number of posts : 860
Registration date : 2015-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum