Bud Vase - HP mark - Haven Pottery

Go down

Bud Vase - HP mark - Haven Pottery  Empty Bud Vase - HP mark - Haven Pottery

Post by MCWebs on February 5th 2019, 1:24 am

Old school bud vase with what looks to be a HP Mark on it - I'm guessing the P is for Pottery as looks more of a run of the mill piece with a matt finish rater than glazed, thoughts anyone?

Bud Vase - HP mark - Haven Pottery  P1140116

Bud Vase - HP mark - Haven Pottery  P1140117

Bud Vase - HP mark - Haven Pottery  P1140115

Cheers for any clues...
MCWebs
MCWebs

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2017-09-24

Back to top Go down

Bud Vase - HP mark - Haven Pottery  Empty Re: Bud Vase - HP mark - Haven Pottery

Post by philpot on February 5th 2019, 7:35 am

Haverford West Pottery. Anne & Theodore Whalley. Started in 1962 and ran for a little over a decade. This mark was used 1962/63. You used to see them on Ebay occasionally passed off as the work of Helen Pincombe.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 2431
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Bud Vase - HP mark - Haven Pottery  Empty Re: Bud Vase - HP mark - Haven Pottery

Post by NaomiM on February 5th 2019, 2:56 pm

I think you mean Haven Pottery, rather than Haverfordwest. However, I wouldn’t be confident enough to rule out Helen Pincombe. I’ve not seen enough marks by her to say it’s not, and Haven Pottery examples with the similar mark that I’ve seen are molded. It certainly looks Leach-influenced so I think it has a good chance of being by Pincombe if it’s thrown; difficult to tell without a full base photo

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 19836
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by MCWebs on February 5th 2019, 3:43 pm

Dang I knew i forgot something!

Bud Vase - HP mark - Haven Pottery  P1140210

Bud Vase - HP mark - Haven Pottery  P1140211

Bud Vase - HP mark - Haven Pottery  P1140212

Definately no mould join marks anywhere to be found...  ???  pleasant but a bit dull (tbh) ..
MCWebs
MCWebs

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots on February 5th 2019, 4:44 pm

The mark is not where Helen Pincombe usually put her seal on the pieces that I have seen and this seal looks "factory made", which is a worry. Also the foot seems too finished. That puts me off suggesting it is by her but I am not certain, as I haven't seen a great deal of her work.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 5617
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM on February 5th 2019, 5:58 pm

I agree, that it doesn’t look wheel turned. Just found another one with the same mark and decoration. Haven Pottery is most likely

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 19836
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by MCWebs on February 6th 2019, 5:29 pm

I agree - it doesnt have an x factor about it - I think must be Haven Pottery...
MCWebs
MCWebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum