Minimalist Troika Pottery? please help me ID! I would really appreciate it.

4 posters

Go down

Minimalist Troika Pottery? please help me ID! I would really appreciate it. Empty Minimalist Troika Pottery? please help me ID! I would really appreciate it.

Post by JacobStephenLee November 23rd 2018, 4:30 pm

Hi everyone

I require help from any Troika collectors. I recently picked up this pair of floating vases for a a small fee of 20p each, I seen these or similar listed as a Troika design and have seen some on line that are signed these however are not. I am not a Troika collector or knowledge box so I thought I would see if anyone could confirm or deny their legitimacy. Any help or information is appreciated

Cheers

Minimalist Troika Pottery? please help me ID! I would really appreciate it. Img_2010
Minimalist Troika Pottery? please help me ID! I would really appreciate it. Img_2012
Minimalist Troika Pottery? please help me ID! I would really appreciate it. Img_2011
JacobStephenLee
JacobStephenLee

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2017-06-02

Back to top Go down

Minimalist Troika Pottery? please help me ID! I would really appreciate it. Empty Re: Minimalist Troika Pottery? please help me ID! I would really appreciate it.

Post by studio-pots November 23rd 2018, 7:10 pm

It's the best part of 30 years ago that I used to sell Troika and in those days 20p or 50p was the prices that I often paid.

The Troika marks are probably the easiest to fake and if you have seen any online then I suspect that it what someone has done.

I am not an expert on Troika but I remember many similar black glazed pieces around back in the day and the feeling then was that they were stylish imports probably from Europe. Worth what you paid and more but, as to where thy were made, I can't say add anything.

Although Troika was moulded and made of earthenware, like these, the clay looks/looked different.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7817
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Minimalist Troika Pottery? please help me ID! I would really appreciate it. Empty Re: Minimalist Troika Pottery? please help me ID! I would really appreciate it.

Post by NaomiM November 23rd 2018, 7:30 pm

Not a shape I’ve come across before. I think there’s a Troika website which lists all the signatures and styles, so best to contact them directly for confirmation

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31419
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by JacobStephenLee November 23rd 2018, 7:38 pm

Yes I have looked for a website that I thought existed too but with no luck (I know Tremaen pottery has a really good archival one), I have also found another Troika pottery thread on 20thCF that features a white version of this shape that I will investigate along with this article on some similar minimalist style Troika

https://www.antiquestradegazette.com/news/2004/troika-adds-gloss-to-stonepark-sale/

Thanks for your information :)
JacobStephenLee
JacobStephenLee

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2017-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by user9318 November 24th 2018, 6:09 am

This is a site I have bookmarked for researching Troika in the past, I hope it helps

http://www.cornishceramics.com/ptroika.htm
user9318
user9318

Female Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2012-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum